How Do I Add a tutorial to the Wiki?

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

dermont
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

How Do I Add a tutorial to the Wiki?

Postby dermont » Fri Mar 27, 2015 13:54

I added this example for PyCEGUI to the CEGUI wiki. When I log onto the wiki I can see the link to the example from the Tutorials page, when I'm not logged on there is no link. I can go to the tutorial directly. I've cleared the browser cache tried from a different OS, still can't see the link. Since I haven't a clue about using the wiki can someone help.
Link

Ident
CEGUI Team

Re: How Do I Add a tutorial to the Wiki?

Postby Ident » Mon Mar 30, 2015 20:14

I can reproduce this with my account. I am looking into it, thanks.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Mon Mar 30, 2015 21:54

I couldn't figure out what the issue is, in the end i ended up deleting all cache files from the server for the wiki and it seems to work now for your change. I then did a change elsewhere which resulted in the same issue again.

I have no idea.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:44

It got to have to do with the file cache. Logged out viewers see cached files only (just html - for performance) - which is fine because they dont need to edit or anything.

I tried to edit the page and looked at it while logged out and the changes are taken over immediately, so the cache works absolutely fine for this purpose. I also configured a couple of things in localsettings but the category page still doesnt update. I am not sure what to do anymore.

Issue seems to be related to this bug : https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T26575

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Fri Apr 03, 2015 14:22

I just spent 1+ hour reading through the entire localsettings.php comparing it with the defaultsettings of mediawiki from the version we use. It seems that short links are broken now but everything else seems to be working. Caching seems to be working, yet when i add a category, the category page is now really correctly updated.

Dermont, would you be so kind to check if this works now? After so many tests and page-reloads I feel like I could have lost my mind so I dont trust my own perception. Feel free to edit any page you want for your tests.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Sun Apr 05, 2015 21:18

Seems to be a general bug, I joined the discussion here: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T35238

dermont
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby dermont » Mon Apr 06, 2015 00:22

Thanks for the feedback. With the link you provided to the problem I wasn't too sure if you still wanted me to test, so I did anyway.

Updated the following tutorial a couple of times, cleared cache, no problems viewing changes when logged out from the Wiki.

Using CEGUI with SDL and OpenGL (0.7)

Added new tutorial, cleared cache still the same problem can't see the link on the Category:Tutorials page when not logged on.
http://cegui.org.uk/wiki/Wiki_Cache_problem

Return to “Help”