[Solved] CEGUI 0.84 White Textures

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Sacher
Just popping in
Just popping in

[Solved] CEGUI 0.84 White Textures

Postby Sacher » Sat Aug 15, 2015 19:36

I am following the tutorial from MakingGamesWithBen. I am pretty much using his class and short example gui. Now my problem is that every Button/Comboxbox mouse cursor and so on are just white boxes. http://i.imgur.com/DinQfiN.png

Log

Code: Select all

---- Version: 0.8.4 (Build: Aug 14 2015 Debug Microsoft Windows MSVC++ 11.0 32 bit) ----
15/08/2015 21:23:28 (Std)    ---- Renderer module is: CEGUI::OpenGL3Renderer - Official OpenGL 3.2 core based renderer module.  TextureTarget support enabled via FBO OGL 3.2 core implementation. ----
15/08/2015 21:23:28 (Std)    ---- XML Parser module is: CEGUI::ExpatParser - Official expat based parser module for CEGUI ----
15/08/2015 21:23:28 (Std)    ---- Image Codec module is: SILLYImageCodec - Official SILLY based image codec ----
15/08/2015 21:23:28 (Std)    ---- Scripting module is: None ----

There is no difference between the release and debug binaries and no exceptions or errors were thrown in either.
I am using Visual Studio Express 2012 and OpenGL 3.0+.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Re: CEGUI 0.84 White Textures

Postby Ident » Sat Aug 15, 2015 19:46

Most likely OpenGL states. Probably has to do with either blend states or something regarding textures. Tried rendering without any of your 3D world?

Could you try the latest 0.8.X code (unreleased, but should be stable) : https://bitbucket.org/cegui/cegui/get/v0-8.zip
I recently changed some things regarding OpenGL states maybe this fixes it. If not please try to check what states you changed, do you have gldebugger/codexl or any other debugging tool for GPUs installed? If you can't use any of these you have to go by exclusion, try to render less and less and see when CEGUI renders right, then you can find out where the difference comes from.

Oh one last thing, did you even enable the extraStateAttribs?
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Sacher
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Sacher » Sat Aug 15, 2015 20:40

I think i have found out the problem. The Gui is rendering with the wrong textures. Its using my latest enabled/activated/bound texture and renders with it instead of its own.

Also i haven't enabled those extra settings.

Edit: I enabled the extraStateSettings and it works now.
Last edited by Sacher on Sat Aug 15, 2015 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Sat Aug 15, 2015 20:49

If you enable them this will be done for you internally by CEGUI. Unfortunately we can't turn them on by default in the 0.8.X versions anymore without breaking people's code. We will probably make this behaviour default in default branch (1.0) at some point.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Return to “Help”