Best render hook? HELP!!

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

JonLord
Just popping in
Just popping in

Best render hook? HELP!!

Postby JonLord » Mon Apr 11, 2016 22:34

Hi folks, I'm Argentine (sorry for my English) and I have found very useful this library. I commented that I chose for my game but I came several drawbacks. Before you start detailing every problem I notice that my game is 2D.

The first problem. All windows except the main (where the game takes place) are FrameWindows, which is fine, but the main, it is a hybrid between my hardcoded GUI and CEGUI. Why? At first when I was just starting in this, there was sufficient documentation and I wanted to render texts without the need for a StaticText, had an element of GUI for inventory, and did not know how to integrate it with CEGUI, since the graphics him out of a TextureManager created by me.

Questions for this.
How can I make a specific Window call my inventory render such class?
How I can do to draw texts without background fields?
How I can do to create customizable progressbar with images obtained in operation?

The second problem. Not quite understand how to apply skins. Any examples or documentation on this?

I hope not bother to anybody, I thank you in advance.

Regards!

PS: If anyone understands Spanish, copy and paste the same message in Spanish, on the other hand, I'm looking for a person to deal with this part of the game (CEGUI) next to a designer.

Hola gente, soy argentino(perdon por mi ingles) y he encontrado muy util esta libreria. Les comento que la escogí para mi juego pero me surgieron varios inconvenientes. Antes de empezar a detallar cada problema les aviso que mi juego es 2D.

El primer problema. Todas las ventanas excepto la del main(donde transcurre el juego) son FrameWindows, cosa que está bien, pero el main, es un hibrido entre mi hardcoded GUI y CEGUI. ¿Por que? Al principio cuando yo recien iniciaba en esto, no encontraba suficiente documentación y yo queria renderizar textos sin la necesidad de un StaticText, tenia un elemento de GUI para el inventario, y no supe como integrarlo con CEGUI, ya que los graficos lo sacaba de un TextureManager creado por mi.

Preguntas para esto.
¿Como puedo yo hacer que un Window determinado llame a renderizar por ejemplo mi clase inventario?
¿Como puedo hacer para dibujar textos sin campos de fondo?
¿Como puedo hacer para crear progressbar personalizables con imagenes obtenidas en funcionamiento?

El segundo problema. No logro entender como aplicar Skins. Algun ejemplo o documentación sobre esto?

Espero no ser molestia para nadie, les agradezco de antemano.

Saludos!

PD: Si alguien entiende español, copio y pego este mismo mensaje en español, por otro lado, estoy buscando una persona que se ocupe de esta parte del juego(CEGUI) junto a un diseñador.

YaronCT
CEGUI Team

Re: Best render hook? HELP!!

Postby YaronCT » Tue Apr 12, 2016 08:47

The horrors of google translate..

Use a label.

JonLord
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby JonLord » Wed Apr 13, 2016 22:05

yaronct wrote:The horrors of google translate..

Use a label.

Thanks for your asnwer, i didn't know that labels exists in CEGUI xD.
Could you answer my other question?

Other widtget. A progressBar with a static or animated image before of bar, and label over bar.
[M] [======== ]

I'm not using google translate but my english is very bad :(

I hope you understand me.

Thanks

YaronCT
CEGUI Team

Postby YaronCT » Thu Apr 14, 2016 09:09

JonLord:
How can I make a specific Window call my inventory render such class?
How I can do to create customizable progressbar with images obtained in operation?

Sorry, it could be the english, but I don't understand your meaning in those questions.

YaronCT
CEGUI Team

Postby YaronCT » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:59

JonLord:
I'm not using google translate but my english is very bad :(

Really? I find the fact that putting the spanish text in google translate gives word by word the english text quite a hell of a coincidence..

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Mon Apr 18, 2016 21:22

Moved into general help forum.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Return to “Help”