Help with imagesets [GTA IV:MP Client]

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Mihail
Just popping in
Just popping in

Help with imagesets [GTA IV:MP Client]

Postby Mihail » Mon Aug 08, 2016 09:52

Hello there to all :)

Probably a newbee question [At least compared to other topics lol] but.. could someone please help me rework the sizes of image elements for a gui of GTA IV:MP client?

Generally, I have one image of small format which needs to be enlarged and beside that I potentially want to add and set size for another image.

Client - IVMP-0.1-T3 Client

----------------------------------------------------------------

I am a guy that currently plays on, like.. only server that is running and is alive on this client for IV-MP and welp.. I wanted to modify it a bit for players of that server [While still keeping original credits of the developers]. I don't know much, almost nothing, just a designer willing to give it a go :P

Anyways, while researching how to modify the specific client, I have found out it was made by CEGUI, so I started going a bit deeper with some youtube tutorials, visual basic, notepad+ and what not.. that didn't end well xD

Before that of course, I tried using that small tool for gta, SparkIV, it didn't work out :|

Then I found out about CEED, I was so happy.. but then I realized that the feature I need is still not available [or I don't know how to use it?].
Since my background in programming is pretty slim.. my road ended there :(

Edit: please be advised, you are talking with a guy that might be close to this level lol - GUI interface

----------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone please help me edit these files?

Regards,
Mihail

YaronCT
CEGUI Team

Re: Help with imagesets [GTA IV:MP Client]

Postby YaronCT » Mon Aug 08, 2016 09:57

@Mihail: What do u wanna do? Enlarge an image?

Mihail
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Mihail » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:21

Yes, I would like to enlarge the image that is currently at bottom-right named IVMPLogoHiRes

Replacing both, background image and that image for IVMP Logo is easy since I just need to edit the images itself..
..but I can't find the file that allows me to edit the size of it

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:33

I don't get it at all. The imageset contains sizes of images that are part of a big teture (image atlas, a large image containing multiple smaller ones). if you make the image larger in the imageset, i.e. you made the image in the atlas bigger, you can do that as you said with CEED which is really easy and straight-forward because it is a WYSIWYG editor.

The other part is the layout. The layout defined how big a widget is. This might directly affect how big the image (if part of said widget) will be displayed. This is a pure layout issue and if your client uses a layout file - again you can use CEED which is straight forward and WYSIWYG. I really dont know what exactly you want to do though.

You should provide more info, maybe you can do that now that you have some extra info. Nevertheless you should also (always) if possible show a screenshot of what you have currently in the client and maybe one that shows what you want, so we got a clear picture.

Also posting the CEGUI version is clearly written out as mandatory in the forum guidelines.... Knowing the layout/imageset file affected would also help grandly.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Mihail
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Mihail » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:17

First of, sorry, I didn't realize IV:MP is an .exe file.. thought you could download it just to see the files provided in CEGUI folder and then easily determine what is the problem. And also I am sorry, because I did not post the log with essential section, regarding the version of software used and general information about the build.. I completely overlooked that file :?

----------------------------------------------------

From what I could dig out, the version of CEGUI used for this was:

Version 0.7.1 (Build: Mar 15 2011 Static Microsoft Windows MSVC++ 9.0 32 bit)
Renderer module is: CEGUI::Direct3D9Renderer - Official Direct3D 9 based 2nd generation renderer module.
XML Parser module is: CEGUI::ExpatParser - Official expat based parser module for CEGUI
Image Codec module is: SILLYImageCodec - Official SILLY based image codec
Scripting module is: None

Edit: CEGUI log - CEGUI

Yes, I thought I would work it out easily with layouts since that is most logical place to look at.. but there is nothing in there, no any file? o.o

Here are the screenshots of all folders [even dough I could have just said some of them are empty haha]

IVMP Client folder
CEGUI Folder

CEGUI - fonts
CEGUI - imagesets
CEGUI - layouts
CEGUI - looknfeel
CEGUI - schemes
CEGUI - xml_schemas

Here is the whole client folder if you want to download and check CEGUI files [I did not include GTA IV MP LaunchIVMP.exe, .ico, uninstall files and similar, since you probably don't have GTA IV anyways :P]

GTA IV:MP Client folder

I might have used wrong terminology by asking for help with imageset, but I didn't know how else to call it since the images I want to rework are in the folder called "imagesets" but the file that has that extension [WindowsLook.imageset] is not of use to me, since it is clearly connected only to interface of the windows used for client menu.

Here are the images of the client itself and how I would like to edit it

Current look of the client

How I would like to edit it

For any lower resolutions [i.e. for players that play at 800x600], I could just offer modified images so that there is no any visual overlapping but generally, I would like to go for client that is meant for 1920x1080px

Thanks for your answers
Last edited by Mihail on Mon Aug 08, 2016 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Mon Aug 08, 2016 16:13

The screenshots at the end helped. I am pretty sure you need to edit the layout file. Can you paste the content of the layout file into a reply inside [ CODE ] Brackets? (use the button above the posting interface)

Mihail
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Mihail » Mon Aug 08, 2016 19:34

But.. but.. there is no layout, that is what is bugging me since start :(

I don't know where it is written because it ain't in CEGUI folder and there is nothing similar in whole GTA 4 folder :|
Is it possible to make it some other way with CEGUI?

For details please refer to my previous post

Mihail wrote:Yes, I thought I would work it out easily with layouts since that is most logical place to look at.. but there is nothing in there, no any file? o.o

CEGUI - layouts

Mihail wrote:Here is the whole client folder if you want to download and check CEGUI files

GTA IV:MP Client folder

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Mon Aug 08, 2016 19:42

Mihail wrote:But.. but.. there is no layout, that is what is bugging me since start :(

I don't know where it is written because it ain't in CEGUI folder and there is nothing similar in whole GTA 4 folder :|
Is it possible to make it some other way with CEGUI?

For details please refer to my previous post

Ok. If it has been bugging you from the start you forgot to mention it in your initial post though.

Since there is no layout file it is safe to assume they create the window at some point in runtime via the code. This means you will have to edit the code. There is no other way.

Mihail
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Mihail » Mon Aug 08, 2016 20:15

Thought you guys would be able to determine it straight away, don't know why did I thought that.. since I didn't give you enough information... meh

Anyways, at least now I have a new direction for my research, I will try to find it in the code

Thanks for the opinion/information :)

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Mon Aug 08, 2016 21:34

Look for something like setSize(...) setHeight(...) setWidth(...) or setArea(...)
Those are the only functions which can change the size of a CEGUI::Window

GjMan9
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby GjMan9 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 06:39

Example of a iv:mp client script which shows an image (When player enters a taxi it shows an image)
I don't know if it is what you want...

Code: Select all

local screen = guiGetScreenSize();

//----------------------
// Taxi GUI Menu
//----------------------
local taxiMENU = GUIImage("taxi.png");

local xSizetaxiMENU = screen[0]/3;;
local ySizetaxiMENU = screen[1]/4;
local xPostaxiMENU = 2*xSizetaxiMENU;
local yPostaxiMENU = ySizetaxiMENU;

taxiMENU.setPosition(xPostaxiMENU, yPostaxiMENU, false);