CEGUI and D3DX Dependency

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Amaz1ng
Just popping in
Just popping in

CEGUI and D3DX Dependency

Postby Amaz1ng » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:10

I was at this for at the very least 2 hours just googling and trying to find how to use CEGUI with Directx11. I go though the guide and build the code and stuff but when I try to use CEGUI it says it needs d3dx11.h (says its not found). What should I do to build CEGUI without the deprecated dependency? From some forum posts I've read, it seemed like some have it working w/o this dependency. How are they doing it? O_o

YaronCT
CEGUI Team

Re: CEGUI and D3DX Dependency

Postby YaronCT » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:18

@Amaz1ng: That's impossible. You must install the deprecated DirectX SDK. That dependency has been removed in the (yet to b released) cegui 1.x.

If u wish, u can send your thanx to Microsoft for dropping support for things they invented approximately 3 hours ealier.

YaronCT
CEGUI Team

Postby YaronCT » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:19

@Amaz1ng: Or better, use OpenGL.

Amaz1ng
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Amaz1ng » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:30

Thanks. I will look into using OpenGL. :x

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:02

You can try to use the default branch but be aware that this is a highly unstable dev version of CEGUI. Point being, i rewrote the d3d11 renderer there so it wont use the effects library anymore.

There is really not much we can do about Microsoft removing stuff. Direct3D is just sucky. Everything will be better with Vulkan
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Return to “Help”