Can't select options on drop down menus.

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

DrenDran
Just popping in
Just popping in

Can't select options on drop down menus.

Postby DrenDran » Thu Apr 19, 2018 00:47

So I'm trying to get a basic drop down combobox to work. I have a combobox on my GUI. Basically all settings are default except I tried setting SingleClickMode to true. The box appears when my program is running and if read-only is set to true, I can click it and the drop-down list appears as it should. But when I try and click on an option the drop-down list just disappears and nothing ends up being selected. If read-only is set to false, I can try typing in the box, but I can't select any options and the drop-down list does not appear at all.

Any help letting me actually select a drop down option?

I also get the following error related to the skin I'm using:
CEGUI::UnknownObjectException in function 'CEGUI::Image& CEGUI::ImageManager::get(const CEGUI::String&) const' (C:\Users\Syerjchep\Downloads\cegui-0.8.7\cegui-0.8.7\cegui\src\ImageManager.cpp:261) : Image not defined: GWEN/Input.ComboBox.Button.Pushed

Though even when I go into the schema files to remove references to the image nothing actually changes with regards to how things work.

Code:

Code: Select all

CEGUI::ListboxTextItem *BLSChoice = new CEGUI::ListboxTextItem((CEGUI::utf8*)"Entry1",1,0,false,true);
    BLSChoice->setTextColours(CEGUI::Colour(0,0,0,1));
    ((CEGUI::Combobox*)myRoot->getChild("Selector/Combobox"))->addItem(BLSChoice);

BLSChoice = new CEGUI::ListboxTextItem((CEGUI::utf8*)"Entry2",2,0,false,true);
    BLSChoice->setTextColours(CEGUI::Colour(0,0,0,1));
    ((CEGUI::Combobox*)myRoot->getChild("Selector/Combobox"))->addItem(BLSChoice);

((CEGUI::Combobox*)myRoot->getChild("Selector/Combobox"))->setReadOnly(true);

Essential section:
18/04/2018 20:40:00 (Std) ---- Version: 0.8.7 (Build: Nov 2 2017 Microsoft Windows g++ 4.9.2 32 bit) ----
18/04/2018 20:40:00 (Std) ---- Renderer module is: CEGUI::OpenGL3Renderer - Official OpenGL 3.2 core based renderer module. TextureTarget support enabled via FBO OGL 3.2 core implementation. ----
18/04/2018 20:40:00 (Std) ---- XML Parser module is: CEGUI::ExpatParser - Official expat based parser module for CEGUI ----
18/04/2018 20:40:00 (Std) ---- Image Codec module is: SILLYImageCodec - Official SILLY based image codec ----
18/04/2018 20:40:00 (Std) ---- Scripting module is: None ----

The skin I'm using is GWEN.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Re: Can't select options on drop down menus.

Postby Ident » Thu Apr 19, 2018 06:35

Hm interesting. Can you try to add a dummy image instead? (just copy the image used for something like the regular state or so)
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Return to “Help”