Errors while installing CEGUI 0.8.4 With MinGW

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Cringere
Just popping in
Just popping in

Errors while installing CEGUI 0.8.4 With MinGW

Postby Cringere » Thu May 10, 2018 18:03

Hi I am following this guide: http://cegui.org.uk/wiki/How_to_install ... With_MinGW
After I generated all the required files with CMake I ran this command:

Code: Select all

mingw32-make Makefile all

and got a bunch of errors: (btw i am using msys2 with mingw 64bit)

Code: Select all

[ 47%] Building CXX object src/FreeImage-3.15.0/CEGUI-BUILD/CMakeFiles/FreeImage.dir/__/Source/LibRawLite/internal/dcraw_common.cpp.obj                                                           In file included from D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:26:0:                                                   D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw_types.h:66:0: warning: "NO_LCMS" redefined                                                 #define NO_LCMS                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    <command-line>:0:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition                                                                                                                         In file included from D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:30:0:                                                   D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/internal/defines.h:66:0: warning: "strncasecmp" redefined                                                #define strncasecmp strnicmp                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       In file included from D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw_datastream.h:28:0,                                                                   from D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw.h:40,                                                                                from D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:29:                                                     C:/msys64/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/include/string.h:119:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition                                                                                 #define strncasecmp _strnicmp                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      In file included from D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw.h:40:0,                                                                              from D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:29:                                                     D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw_datastream.h:230:10: warning: 'template<class> class std::auto_ptr' is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]                                                                                                                                                                                    std::auto_ptr<std::streambuf> f; /* will close() automatically through dtor */                                                                                                                         ^~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                                                                In file included from C:/msys64/mingw64/include/c++/7.3.0/memory:80:0,                                                                                                                                             from D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw_datastream.h:38,                                                                     from D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw.h:40,                                                                                from D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:29:                                                     C:/msys64/mingw64/include/c++/7.3.0/bits/unique_ptr.h:51:28: note: declared here                                                                                                                     template<typename> class auto_ptr;                                                                                                                                                                                         ^~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                                              In file included from D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw.h:40:0,                                                                              from D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:29:                                                     D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw_datastream.h:231:10: warning: 'template<class> class std::auto_ptr' is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]                                                                                                                                                                                    std::auto_ptr<std::streambuf> saved_f; /* when *f is a subfile, *saved_f is the master file */                                                                                                         ^~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                                                                In file included from C:/msys64/mingw64/include/c++/7.3.0/memory:80:0,                                                                                                                                             from D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw_datastream.h:38,                                                                     from D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw.h:40,                                                                                from D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:29:                                                     C:/msys64/mingw64/include/c++/7.3.0/bits/unique_ptr.h:51:28: note: declared here                                                                                                                     template<typename> class auto_ptr;                                                                                                                                                                                         ^~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                                              In file included from D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw.h:40:0,                                                                              from D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:29:                                                     D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw_datastream.h: In constructor 'LibRaw_file_datastream::LibRaw_file_datastream(const char*)':                                                                                                                                                                                                 D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw_datastream.h:240:18: warning: 'template<class> class std::auto_ptr' is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]                                                                                                                                                                                            std::auto_ptr<std::filebuf> buf(new std::filebuf());                                                                                                                                                   ^~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                                                        In file included from C:/msys64/mingw64/include/c++/7.3.0/memory:80:0,                                                                                                                                             from D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw_datastream.h:38,                                                                     from D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw.h:40,                                                                                from D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:29:                                                     C:/msys64/mingw64/include/c++/7.3.0/bits/unique_ptr.h:51:28: note: declared here                                                                                                                     template<typename> class auto_ptr;                                                                                                                                                                                         ^~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                                              In file included from D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw.h:40:0,                                                                              from D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:29:                                                     D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw_datastream.h: In member function 'virtual int LibRaw_file_datastream::subfile_open(const char*)':                                                                                                                                                                                           D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw_datastream.h:315:14: warning: 'template<class> class std::auto_ptr' is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]                                                                                                                                                                                        std::auto_ptr<std::filebuf> buf(new std::filebuf());                                                                                                                                                   ^~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                                                            In file included from C:/msys64/mingw64/include/c++/7.3.0/memory:80:0,                                                                                                                                             from D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw_datastream.h:38,                                                                     from D:/my_stuff/c++/downloadedTools/cegui/dependencies/src/FreeImage-3.15.0/Source/LibRawLite/libraw/libraw.h:40,                                                                                from D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:29:                                                     C:/msys64/mingw64/include/c++/7.3.0/bits/unique_ptr.h:51:28: note: declared here                                                                                                                     template<typename> class auto_ptr;                                                                                                                                                                                         ^~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                                              D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp: In member function 'void LibRaw::vng_interpolate()':                         D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:4025:3: error: narrowing conversion of '128' from 'int' to 'signed char' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]                                                                                                                                                                                  }, chood[] = { -1,-1, -1,0, -1,+1, 0,+1, +1,+1, +1,0, +1,-1, 0,-1 };                                                                                                                              ^                                                                                                                                                                                              D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:4025:3: error: narrowing conversion of '136' from 'int' to 'signed char' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]                                                                                                                                                                               D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:4025:3: error: narrowing conversion of '128' from 'int' to 'signed char' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]                                                                                                                                                                               D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:4025:3: error: narrowing conversion of '136' from 'int' to 'signed char' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]                                                                                                                                                                               D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:4025:3: error: narrowing conversion of '128' from 'int' to 'signed char' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]                                                                                                                                                                               D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:4025:3: error: narrowing conversion of '136' from 'int' to 'signed char' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]                                                                                                                                                                               D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp: In member function 'void LibRaw::adobe_coeff(const char*, const char*)':     D:\my_stuff\c++\downloadedTools\cegui\dependencies\src\FreeImage-3.15.0\Source\LibRawLite\internal\dcraw_common.cpp:7057:3: error: narrowing conversion of '65535' from 'int' to 'short int' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]                                                                                                                                                                                  };                                                                                                                                                                                                ^                                                                                                                                                                                              mingw32-make[2]: *** [src\FreeImage-3.15.0\CEGUI-BUILD\CMakeFiles\FreeImage.dir\build.make:4263: src/FreeImage-3.15.0/CEGUI-BUILD/CMakeFiles/FreeImage.dir/__/Source/LibRawLite/internal/dcraw_common.cpp.obj] Error 1                                                                                                                                                                              mingw32-make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles\Makefile2:1225: src/FreeImage-3.15.0/CEGUI-BUILD/CMakeFiles/FreeImage.dir/all] Error 2                                                                           mingw32-make: *** [Makefile:83: all] Error 2

andrewfeng123
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: Errors while installing CEGUI 0.8.4 With MinGW

Postby andrewfeng123 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 03:04

I remember this from a while ago, it was about narrowing conversion.

There is a compiler switch you need to use to get rid of it, I remember it's -Wno-narrowing.

You need to add this in the CMake file.

Return to “Help”