Advanced grid widget

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

andrewc
Just popping in
Just popping in

Advanced grid widget

Postby andrewc » Thu Jan 10, 2019 09:13

All,

I'm currently reimplementing some GUI functionality from wxWidgets into CEGUI, and need to be able to reproduce the general look and behaviour of the grid in the image below.

grid.png

Specific things I need are the ability for cells to span multiple rows, columns or both, and for cells to have different background colours.

In the interests of saving myself a lot of work and not reinventing the wheel, has anybody already written code that can do this? If so, can you please point me at where I can find it. If not, any hints for how best to approach the implementation myself would be very much appreciated. I've done quite a lot with CEGUI already, but still struggle a bit with the theoretical framework behind all the interacting components, so it's hard to see the right solution laid out before me.

By the way, I've already done a much more basic version of the grid using the GridLayoutContainer, without large or coloured cells, but I suspect the use of that class is a dead-end for what I need to achieve. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that!

Cheers,
Andrew

andrewc
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: Advanced grid widget

Postby andrewc » Thu Jan 10, 2019 09:19

Just to add: it's important that I be able to update the grid dynamically and frequently, inserting new rows at any position at any time, with minimum disturbance to the existing layout.

Andrew

Return to “Help”