[SOLVED]Visual Studio - SDL2 + CEGUI - failed to load module libXML

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

drwbns
Just popping in
Just popping in

[SOLVED]Visual Studio - SDL2 + CEGUI - failed to load module libXML

Postby drwbns » Sun Nov 24, 2019 02:00

Hello everyone. Its been forever since I used CEGUI. Last time I used CEGUI was with OGRE but now I am trying to get it working with SDL2. I built all dependencies from source and everything built fine and is super organized. All I am trying to do now is to get the simple SDL2 example working but it is giving me a hard time now:

The only edits I had to make are adding:

#define CEGUI_USE_GLEW

and also fixing the CEGUI::MouseButton names

The problem is I am hitting an exception when loading "CEGUILibXMLParser_d.dll" within setupXMLParser(). The odd thing is that all the proper dlls are in the working directory so I am stumped what is happening here. All other dlls are loading fine. Screenshot attached. Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I thought maybe there was something not right about using libxml so I rebuilt cegui with expat and also built the SDL2 and GLFW samples along with it and the expat dll is also failing to load in both samples as well. Something isn't quite right here. :?

This guy had same issue but he just didn't have dlls in working dir: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7447
Attachments
cegui-error.PNG
Last edited by drwbns on Thu Nov 28, 2019 06:47, edited 1 time in total.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Re: Visual Studio - SDL2 + CEGUI - failed to load module libXML

Postby Ident » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:04

Try to output the working directory from code into the console:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/196 ... y/19692743

What does it say?
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

drwbns
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby drwbns » Sun Nov 24, 2019 16:41

Full path looks correct to me.
cegui-error2.PNG

EDIT: I was able to output to the Output window since this isn't a console app using OutputDebugString just to be sure the path looks good, which it is correct. Below you can even see that glew dll has loaded properly. I can't for the life of me think what can cause dlls to not load other than antivirus, which I have turned off just to be sure. :? But since glew loaded properly, I am wondering if its just CEGUI freaking out somehow. Not sure about anything at this point.

cegui-error3.PNG

cegui-error4.PNG

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Wed Nov 27, 2019 14:15

I don't have any suggestion, can't reproduce
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

drwbns
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby drwbns » Thu Nov 28, 2019 06:47

I looked at process monitor and found it was because libexpatd.dll was missing :roll: Why that wasn't showing in debug calls I'm not too sure. But anyways, now a new problem in initializing, but I'll start a new thread for it.

Return to “Help”