CELE2 won't run after SVN update

Forum for support and development discussion regarding the python based unified editor tool for CEGUI, known as CEED.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Senzin
Just popping in
Just popping in

CELE2 won't run after SVN update

Postby Senzin » Sat Apr 23, 2011 01:52

I downloaded the zip from the "Initial post - CEGUI Unified Editor" thread and it works. When I do svn update, however, it no longer works. When I run "CELayoutEditor.bat", a command window opens up for a split second, then closes and that's it. I noticed that the update only gets new .py files, not .pyc files. I imagine that's the problem? How do I create new .pyc files so it will work again? Is there anything else about the update process I need to know?

Thanks!

pizzazhang
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Re: CELE2 won't run after SVN update

Postby pizzazhang » Sat Apr 23, 2011 03:50

Senzin wrote:I downloaded the zip from the "Initial post - CEGUI Unified Editor" thread and it works. When I do svn update, however, it no longer works. When I run "CELayoutEditor.bat", a command window opens up for a split second, then closes and that's it. I noticed that the update only gets new .py files, not .pyc files. I imagine that's the problem? How do I create new .pyc files so it will work again? Is there anything else about the update process I need to know?

Thanks!

check http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/How_to_start_CELayoutEditor2 and follow the steps.
make sure that:
1.Python26 installed (don't work in Python27)
2.CEGUI for python26
3.OPENGL for python
4.PyQt for python26

after you downloaded the CELE2, run compileuifiles.py which is in CELE2 folder.
if you have two versions of Python like me , then you should create a bat file that use Python26 to start the CELE2.
D:\Python26/python.exe CELayoutEditorII.py

Also, you should try to start CELayoutEditorII.py by command line and to see what the problem is.
Open cmd, type the command above. Good luck.

Senzin
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: CELE2 won't run after SVN update

Postby Senzin » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:49

Got it working. There were several things going wrong. Some program I installed a while ago came with its own little python. It also happened to add itself to the system path. And, when you install Python, apparently, it does not add itself to the path. So, after installing Python, when I ran python.exe from a command prompt, I thought it was the newly installed one, but it was the other one that came with that software. The errors being spit out were from attempting to import from PyQt. What eventually led me to the cause was when I ran python directly from c:\Python26 and saw that the import worked. But when I simply opened a command prompt and ran python the import failed.

Anyway, thanks the help.

Return to “Official Unified CEGUI Editor Tool (CEED)”