Cmake building on Windows Question

Forum for support and development discussion regarding the python based unified editor tool for CEGUI, known as CEED.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

caburfoot
Just popping in
Just popping in

Cmake building on Windows Question

Postby caburfoot » Tue Aug 23, 2011 19:53

I'm impressed with the work done on CEED, however, some of us aren't familiar with CMake and use windows and Linux.
To build PyCegui and cegui_mk2 I've downloaded the CMake and tried to run it after finally figuring out the mercurial download was needed to get the branch.

Thanks for the work, but how does one 'run' cmake on the cegui_mk2 source under windows ????
(If it's right under my BIG nose, I'll need help seeing it!)

Trying to build the cegui_mk2 and samples.

Thanks

Is there a better forum for this?

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: Cmake building on Windows Question

Postby Kulik » Tue Aug 23, 2011 20:31

Hmm, since cmake is not used on stable I guess there is no correct forum :) I'll leave the thread here.

I recommend getting cmake-gui, it works on Windows and Linux. On Linux you have to install the dependencies and -dev packages with your package manager. On Windows or MacOSX you have to get the dependency pack - http://sourceforge.net/projects/crayzed ... p/download

You have to extract the dependencies somewhere, build them into a folder called "dependencies" and put that folder into the cegui_mk2 directory (the directory where you cloned cegui to). The dependencies also use cmake (you will have to build them but it was fairly painless last time I tried).

You then run cmake-gui on cegui_mk2, build folder in cegui_mk2/build (or anywhere else really but this is what most people use).

To get CEED running you will need default branch of cegui_mk2 and default branch of CEED.

cmake-gui is just a wrapper around the cmake executable but it has the advantage that you don't have to memorize anything :-)

HTH

Return to “Official Unified CEGUI Editor Tool (CEED)”