Tab Editing

Forum for support and development discussion regarding the python based unified editor tool for CEGUI, known as CEED.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

disks86
Just popping in
Just popping in

Tab Editing

Postby disks86 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 18:46

Hello, I'm new to CEGUI but I'm really liking it so far. However I'm having a bit of trouble working with tabs. The CEED editor works pretty slick for everything I've tried except tabs. I've even had it crash on me while trying to add tabs. So the only way I've been able to fiddle with tabs is by editing the XML directly which is difficult.

Basically what I'm trying to do with the tabs is a tabbed game chat. I saw a chat box example and that looks fairly simple but I want it to be tabbed. Essentially I'm asking if there is an easier way to do this than editing the XML.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Tab Editing

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 08:29

Last I heard there are still a few types of widget not yet fully supported by CEED (largely due to the internal workings of those widgets in CEGUI), and I guess that TabControl is one of these. Kulik will be able to confirm this (or not), though I think he is away at the moment, so might not have access to the world of CEGUI.

As for a better way than editing XML directly, unless you wanted to hard code things, there is probably not a better way at this point. Depending on which CEGUI version you are targeting, you might like to give the older CELayoutEditor a try - there are various versions that support the various different CEGUI versions (up to the 0.7.x versions).

CE.

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Tue Nov 08, 2011 20:00

The CEED editor is officially not ready for production.

I suggest you to open a ticket on mantis (if there is no ticket about this already). Would be ever better if you made a patch. Should be that hard to accomplish with the cegui.widgethelpers.Manipulator class.

maori
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Postby maori » Sat Apr 06, 2013 19:46

heya Guys

i know long time no see RL can be a real PITA sometimes :evil: but i'ammmmmmmm baaaaaack :P
allready reported http://cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=600
trying to upgrade to 0.8.2 from 0.7.9 :D

Return to “Official Unified CEGUI Editor Tool (CEED)”