Problem with Pixelfonts

Forum for support and development discussion regarding the python based unified editor tool for CEGUI, known as CEED.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

BrightBit
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Problem with Pixelfonts

Postby BrightBit » Sat May 05, 2012 23:51

Hello,

adding a Pixelfont to CEED throws the following exception:

Code: Select all

Failed to synchronise embedded CEGUI to your project

An attempt was made to load resources related to the project being opened, for some reason the loading didn't succeed so all resources were destroyed! The most likely reason is that the resource directories are wrong, this can be very easily remedied in the project settings.

This means that editing capabilities of CEED will be limited to editing of files that don't require a project opened (for example: imagesets).

Details of this error: CEGUI::InvalidRequestException in file ..\..\..\cegui\src\ImageManager.cpp(415) : ImageManager::validateImagesetFileVersion - You are attempting to load an imageset of version 'unknown' but this CEGUI version is only meant to load imagesets of version '2'. Consider using the migrate.py script bundled with CEGUI Unified Editor to migrate your data.

The normal imagesets work just fine and even the PixeFont.imageset can be opened and viewn separately (not from within a project) by CEED but as soon as I add the following line to my scheme file I get the aforementioned exception:

<Font Filename="PixelFont.font" />

Am I doing something wrong? Here are the files for my PixelFont if you want to test it for yourself:

PixelFont.font
PixelFont.png
PixelFont.imageset

Adding 'version="2"' to the font's <Imageset> element will result in a different exception:

Failed to synchronise embedded CEGUI to your project

An attempt was made to [...]

Details of this error: CEGUI::InvalidRequestException in file ..\..\..\cegui\src\DefaultResourceProvider.cpp(101) : DefaultResourceProvider::load: Filename supplied for data loading must be valid

Greetings
BrightBit
"Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone [...] Just ask. [...] They 'trust me'. Dumb fucks." - Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook CEO)

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: Problem with Pixelfonts

Postby Kulik » Sun May 06, 2012 12:41

I can't download the files, the service returns

<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in <b>/srv/www/lighttpd/woofiles/includes/HTTPDownload.class.php</b> on line <b>191</b><br />

for all of them.

I am not sure what the issue is, I will do some test but I would still appreciate test data in a zip archive or something.

BrightBit
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

new link, new file hoster

Postby BrightBit » Sun May 06, 2012 20:02

Hmmm... strange. It also doesn't work for me now. I never had to use a file uploader, so here's another try: http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/31337557/file.html

If this also doesn't work, can you suggest a way of uploading it?
"Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone [...] Just ask. [...] They 'trust me'. Dumb fucks." - Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook CEO)

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Sun May 06, 2012 20:38

I see the problem, CEGUI loads properly compat treated font file but the font file requests an imageset which doesn't go through the compatibility machinery.

As a workaround you can migrate the imageset file to newer CEGUI using ceed-migrate

ceed-migrate imageset [The imageset file]

I have created a ticket for it - http://cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=769

BrightBit
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

lower case XML attributes

Postby BrightBit » Sun May 06, 2012 22:21

Thank you Kulik. It works now.

I now also noticed the root of this problem. The XML attributes of the migrated imageset are completely written in lower case. The strange thing is that for my Ogre/CEGUI application I need to convert these back to upper case to work. Is this because CEED and CEGUI are using different XML parsers? Right now my CEGUI uses the Expat parser.

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Sun May 06, 2012 22:36

CEED uses CEGUI 1.0 (unreleased) internally. It uses compatibility layers to make 0.7 assets work.

Many formats have undergone some cleanup so there are differences between 1.0 and 0.7.

Return to “Official Unified CEGUI Editor Tool (CEED)”