Snapshot9 release

Forum for support and development discussion regarding the python based unified editor tool for CEGUI, known as CEED.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Snapshot9 release

Postby Kulik » Sun Jul 15, 2012 20:55

New snapshot has been released. Archives provide testing sample data with CEGUI 0.7 and CEGUI 1.0 datafiles.

There have been 16 issues fixed from the last snapshot8. Highlight of the release is better property editing for Image and Font properties. You can now choose from a combobox instead of typing the whole names!
Another focus was documentation. There is a lot of new content in user-manual, quickstart-guide and developer-manual.

Make sure you give release to your artists along with the new user manual and tell us what they are struggling with. The manuals will be refined according to the feedback.

Grab the source tarball, Windows standalone binaries or MacOS X app bundle at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/crayze ... snapshot9/

Incomplete list of changes:
- 0000856: [Compatibility layers] Auto windows are partially broken in layout compatibility layers (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000855: [General] Recently used menus bloat infinitely (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000848: [Layout editing] Where is the lovely "ID" Property in release 7&8 ? (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000828: [Layout editing] Implement "Image" property inspector (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000829: [Layout editing] Implement "Font" property inspector (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000613: [Project management] Adding a file multiple times to the project manager creates duplicate useless entries without informing you (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000854: [Layout editing] Pasting widget hierarchies should select topmost pasted widgets (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000827: [Imageset editing] pasting images does not select them (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000853: [General] Text editor doesn't correctly mark when it has changes (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000833: [General] Files are emptied when closed after edited in simple text editing mode (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000832: [General] Opening project as a file should produce a meaningful explanation why that won't work (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000852: [General] Allow user to override the filter when opening files (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000831: [Layout editing] Default layout editing checkerboard makes outlines hard to see (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000830: [General] Prevent crash caused by inputting too large checkerboard size (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000851: [Compatibility layers] Compat layers for Image/@type -> Image/@component and back (Kulik) - resolved.
- 0000842: [Compatibility layers] Provide compatibility layer for the new operator dim trees (Kulik) - resolved.

Plans for snapshot10 will end up at http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/roadmap_ ... sion_id=37

Enjoy and please report any problems!

czuger
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: Snapshot9 release

Postby czuger » Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:51

Hello,

When attempting to open the UI project in snapshot 9, I get the following error:

---------------------------
Failed to synchronise embedded CEGUI to your project
---------------------------
An attempt was made to load resources related to the project being opened, for some reason the loading didn't succeed so all resources were destroyed! The most likely reason is that the resource directories are wrong, this can be very easily remedied in the project settings.

This means that editing capabilities of CEED will be limited to editing of files that don't require a project opened (for example: imagesets).

Details of this error: <Element 'DimOperator' at 0x05FD8218>

No additional information is provided in the log (log reports 0 errors and 0 warnings). Any idea what this could be?

Christian

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: Snapshot9 release

Postby Kulik » Fri Jul 20, 2012 17:37

czuger: This is most likely caused by the new dimoperator -> operatordim compatibility layer. CEGUI 1.0 recently changed the way dimensions are calculated in looknfeels so I had to add a layer that migrates this. I will need data that I can reproduce this problem with, then I am confident I can fix it.

Return to “Official Unified CEGUI Editor Tool (CEED)”