Problem getting CEED to run / No PyCEGUI

Forum for support and development discussion regarding the python based unified editor tool for CEGUI, known as CEED.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Bobhostern
Just popping in
Just popping in

Problem getting CEED to run / No PyCEGUI

Postby Bobhostern » Wed Jan 16, 2013 13:08

As I said in the title, I cannot run CEED to run because I am missing PyCEGUI. I didn't know where to put this question, so I put it here. I don't if you can and how to build the PyCEGUI module for CEGUI-0.7.9.

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: Problem getting CEED to run / No PyCEGUI

Postby Kulik » Wed Jan 16, 2013 16:59

This is described multiple times, everywhere. See README OR user manual OR wiki.

Keep in mind that CEED requires mercurial PyCEGUI. You can use the resulting files with CEGUI 0.7.x but the CEED application itself uses mercurial CEGUI internally.

I am interested in where you looked for help so I can add this info there.

Bobhostern
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Bobhostern » Wed Jan 16, 2013 18:36

Pretty much, searched "how to build PyCEGUI with CEGUI", and its variations on Google. ^^;
So I don't have exact sites....

zaza
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby zaza » Thu Jun 20, 2013 16:23

it happened to me as well, I guess I didn't look at the wiki properly

tyrolite
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby tyrolite » Thu Jul 25, 2013 20:15

Hello everyone !

I'm having a similar problem. At first it says that PyCEGUI is missing but then I can see that it found the library and has an undefined symbol.
Here's the output:

Code: Select all

[tyrolite@archlinux bin]$ PYTHONPATH=../../cegui_mk2/build/lib:../:$PYTHONPATH python2 ./ceed-gui
Following problems found:
PyCEGUI package is missing! PyCEGUI provides Python bindings for CEGUI, the library this editor edits assets for, see cegui.org.uk. (exception: /home/tyrolite/soft/cegui_mk2/build/lib/PyCEGUI.so: undefined symbol: _ZN5boost6python6detail11init_moduleER11PyModuleDefPFvvE)
Your environment doesn't meet critical prerequisites! Can't start!

PS: I followed this tutorial: http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/CEED and I got every dependency for python2 (pyside, pyside-tools etc.) since I have archlinux with cegui 0.8.2 .
Thanks in advance !

Browser12
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Browser12 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 05:37

I'm having the exact problem tyrolite is having (Exact same symbol, Arch Linux - yes, we suffer python2/3 problems all the time these days.)

It seems that it's compiling a python3 symbol:
boost::python::detail::init_module(PyModuleDef&, void (*)())
into the PyCEGUI objects, not the python2 symbol:
boost::python::detail::init_module(char const*, void (*)())

From what I can see, this decision is made in boost/python/module_init.hpp from checking PY_VERSION_HEX, which in turn is ultimately defined by an included <patchlevel.h> - apparently the one included is /usr/include/python3.3m/patchlevel.h, not /usr/include/python2.7/patchlevel.h.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the "right" way to fix this issue is. Maybe cmake or make is somehow meant to specify a "-I" option to specify the python directory? This must be happening somewhere already, since boost needs it I think. I have really no familiarity with cmake, and it's a lot to try and dig through / figure out. Anyways, maybe I'm just missing some simple configuration from the top level that is meant to handle this. (For the record: yes, I used the PYTHON_EXECUTABLE variable as described in the tutorial).

Maybe this info will help someone out, in any event...

~ Browser12

tyrolite wrote:Hello everyone !

I'm having a similar problem. At first it says that PyCEGUI is missing but then I can see that it found the library and has an undefined symbol.
Here's the output:

Code: Select all

[tyrolite@archlinux bin]$ PYTHONPATH=../../cegui_mk2/build/lib:../:$PYTHONPATH python2 ./ceed-gui
Following problems found:
PyCEGUI package is missing! PyCEGUI provides Python bindings for CEGUI, the library this editor edits assets for, see cegui.org.uk. (exception: /home/tyrolite/soft/cegui_mk2/build/lib/PyCEGUI.so: undefined symbol: _ZN5boost6python6detail11init_moduleER11PyModuleDefPFvvE)
Your environment doesn't meet critical prerequisites! Can't start!

PS: I followed this tutorial: http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/CEED and I got every dependency for python2 (pyside, pyside-tools etc.) since I have archlinux with cegui 0.8.2 .
Thanks in advance !

Return to “Official Unified CEGUI Editor Tool (CEED)”