CEED with custom GUI scheme

Forum for support and development discussion regarding the python based unified editor tool for CEGUI, known as CEED.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

marvinx
Just popping in
Just popping in

CEED with custom GUI scheme

Postby marvinx » Wed Feb 13, 2013 15:38

Hi,

I am working with CEED snapshot 11, and I want to use a custom GUI scheme for creating layouts. My GUI scheme is derived from VanillaSkin (as shipped with CEGUI-0.7.7) and it includes an additional *.looknfeel file that defines the WidgetLook for one of my own widget classes. When I put this custom *.scheme file into the data/schemes folder of my project and run the "Reload Resources" menu, then I always get the following message: "Scheme doesn't match any know data type". I had a look on the available CEED manuals but I didn't found anything about the general support or actual limitations regarding custom schemes. So my questions is: does CEED support custom schemes, and if so, what could cause the above error? My GUI scheme is definitely working as I can load and use it under CEGUI-0.7.7.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: CEED with custom GUI scheme

Postby Kulik » Wed Feb 13, 2013 16:20

It definitely does! You can use custom schemes and CEED doesn't have any special code for any specific schemes.

Is your CEED project targeting CEGUI 0.7? Make sure you are not targeting CEGUI 1.0. Also, please make sure you create a new project from scratch. There is no need to reuse the sample projects, they can be created from scratch in a couple of minutes and hold no special value... No idea why everyone has the idea of mutilating the shipped test projects :)

marvinx
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: CEED with custom GUI scheme

Postby marvinx » Wed Feb 13, 2013 18:20

Okay, then I will try (again) to locate the cause for the present error in my GUI scheme and dependent files. I actually use CEGUI-0.7 as CEED target, and I also use a "clean" resources folder which only contains necessary files. Can you please describe under what circumstances the present error is raised by CEED? This would help me a lot in debugging my stuff.

Return to “Official Unified CEGUI Editor Tool (CEED)”