CEED on C++

Forum for support and development discussion regarding the python based unified editor tool for CEGUI, known as CEED.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

niello
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Re: CEED on C++

Postby niello » Sun Jun 30, 2019 14:46

I've finished multiproperty integration and anchor editor and published a beta release:
https://github.com/niello/ceed-cpp/rele ... 1.0.0-beta

You are welcome)

niello
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby niello » Sat Jul 20, 2019 15:37

Second beta of a CEED C++ is released today.

https://github.com/niello/ceed-cpp/rele ... .0.0-beta2

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Sat Jul 20, 2019 16:40

Looks like a really good port and starts up fast, etc., hpwever I had some issues:

Unfortunately your version of CEED does not consider *.project files as such anymore. Maybe you could make it so that both *.ceed and *.project files are considered project files?

I tried to make a new project but it never recognizes any of the imagesets or LNFs etc. What am I doing wrong? I tried v0-8 and default assets but always with the default target version of 1.0
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

niello
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby niello » Sat Jul 20, 2019 20:08

I can add *.project support for loading but it seemed to me right to discourage usage of this extension as strict as possible. Just change the extension manually once. But if you can argue for supporting an old extension I will add it.

I'm not sure what is wrong with your project. I've attached my own one. CEED C++ loads it well. Maybe you will notice some difference, then I will be happy to fix the problem.

Maybe it is lack of the scheme file. I didn't find any editor for it in an original CEED, you probably must add it manually and then reload the project.
Attachments
TestProj.zip
(824.26 KiB) Downloaded 511 times

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Sat Jul 20, 2019 22:34

i tried loading your testproj's CEED file: same result - I get an empty project manager.

See:

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Sat Jul 20, 2019 22:37

niello wrote:I can add *.project support for loading but it seemed to me right to discourage usage of this extension as strict as possible. Just change the extension manually once. But if you can argue for supporting an old extension I will add it.

What is the harm of using *.ceed as default project file ending but allowing to open (and once opened, save to) *.project files to keep support for people's existing files up?

niello wrote:Maybe it is lack of the scheme file. I didn't find any editor for it in an original CEED, you probably must add it manually and then reload the project.

Yes that has always been a manual thing. Would make sense (and be relatively simple) to add one, I suppose. But I think we have more important issues to solve first.

niello
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby niello » Sun Jul 21, 2019 05:38

Hmm. Probably it is no harm really. I will add this for existing files only.

There is nothing wrong with the project. That is either my porting mistake or the way things always were, but I found no code that fills a project structure with files automatically. The main purpose of the project file is to locate resource folders. Then you can open file system dock widget and load imagesets, layouts etc from there. Or create new ones and save them. And all works.

Probably I should rework project file logic, but now there is no profit in adding files to the project at all. I even wondered why this function is available.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Sun Jul 21, 2019 08:40

You are right, when I add them in your supplied project and save the project everything works as expected. I had not used CEED in a long while and i wrongly remembered that it would have autofilled it with files, which clearly it does not. I could not reproduce any of the issues now and also I renamed the .project file created from the last CEED release editor to .ceed and could open it.

I would say let's stick with only supporting *.ceed but it should be documented somewhere that the project file can be renamed from .project to .ceed (at own risk), which should generally work.

Good job btw!

Return to “Official Unified CEGUI Editor Tool (CEED)”