Seg fault during CE gui usage

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:26

Is there anything in the CEGUI.log file? Looks like there might be an issue with an Imageset; possibly it can't find a file (like the image file), or there is a problem with the XML or Schema (.xsd).

CEGUI.log may give further clues :)

CE.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:02

Yep, the log looks okay :?

Can you confirm that the relative paths to everything are correct; everything should be relative to the executable binary, rather than relative to each other.

So if you had:

Project
....bin
....media

Your scheme.xml is correctly specified as "../media/scheme.xml", the imageset path within the scheme should also relative to the bin folder, rather than relative to the scheme.xml file (you may have this done like this already).

I'm just about to start collecting the required bits and pieces to compile on Linux after my huge re-install job, so once I've done that, hopefully I can test a couple of things and be a bit more useful ;)

CE.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sun Sep 05, 2004 17:33

DevIL is used via Ogre, and they report that many people have trouble with newer vesions, so I guess that would explain the seg fault (well, maybe).

For CEGui, are you using CVS head or the beta1-devel branch?

For beta1-devel I have changed all the widget names. These are now of the form:

"TaharezLook/<widget-type>"

where <widget-type> is obviously the widget typr (like FrameWIndow, Button, etc...), so if you are using that code, you need to update the scheme.xml to use the new names (windows look is the same except that its "WindowsLook/<widget-name>"). There's no example files up with these new names at the moment as I thought I was the only one using that code base :lol:

Also, the imageset has changed name, but that is now in beta1-devel CVS, so you should have this already.

What I'll do is prepare sample scheme files that use the new names and upload them somewhere, over the next week or two these will make it into CVS anyway.

Sorry for all the confusion :?

CE.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sun Sep 05, 2004 18:27

Are you loading any layouts or anything? Is it possible that "TaharezImagery" might be mentioned in there somrwhere?

IIRC, when I fixed my test driver for the new names, I had to change that imageset name in two places; first was where the default mouse cursor is set, and second was in a sub-class of ListboxTextItem.

Man, I gotta get some updated files out, otherwise a lot of people are going to get very frustrated, very fast :(

CE.

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”