Problems compiling in OS X

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Will_TF
Just popping in
Just popping in

Problems compiling in OS X

Postby Will_TF » Fri Feb 24, 2006 08:50

I'm getting the following errors building both the source tarball and the v0-4 tagged branch in cvs on OS X 10.4.5 with xcode 2.2:

Code: Select all

Building target “CEGUIBase” of project “CrazyEddiesGUI” — (3 errors)
       cd /Users/wtf/ce/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode2/CrazyEddiesGUI
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DevToolsCore.framework/Resources/pbxcp -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/wtf/ce/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode2/CrazyEddiesGUI/build/Development/CEGUITaharezLook.bundle /Users/wtf/ce/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode2/CrazyEddiesGUI/build/Development/CEGUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources
pbxcp: CEGUITaharezLook.bundle: No such file or directory
      pbxcp: CEGUITaharezLook.bundle: No such file or directory
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DevToolsCore.framework/Resources/pbxcp -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/wtf/ce/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode2/CrazyEddiesGUI/build/Development/CEGUIWindowsLook.bundle /Users/wtf/ce/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode2/CrazyEddiesGUI/build/Development/CEGUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources
pbxcp: CEGUIWindowsLook.bundle: No such file or directory
      pbxcp: CEGUIWindowsLook.bundle: No such file or directory
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DevToolsCore.framework/Resources/pbxcp -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/wtf/ce/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode2/CrazyEddiesGUI/build/Development/CEGUIFalagard.bundle /Users/wtf/ce/cegui_mk2/makefiles/mac/Xcode2/CrazyEddiesGUI/build/Development/CEGUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources
pbxcp: CEGUIFalagard.bundle: No such file or directory
      pbxcp: CEGUIFalagard.bundle: No such file or directory
Build failed (3 errors)

It appears to be a problem with pbxcp - I don't have a lot of OS X experience, so does anyone know how to fix this?

Building from cvs head doesn't have this problem - but there are a bunch of linker errors there. I've been able to resolve most of them by adding some files in the source directory to the xcode project - but there are still some linker errors that I can't seem to fix related to TinyXML. Maybe i'll try using xerces if I can't get it to work.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:57

I'm posting this reply just so you know that we are alive here :)

Unfortunately, I personally do not have a Mac at the present time, so am unable to offer any specific advice.

Note that all but the linux builds for CVS HEAD are very much out of date, but will be fixed up before HEAD gets turned into 0.5.0. When there are a large volume of file changes occurring from multiple developers, it becomes too much effort to constantly maintain all the individual IDE projects - so in instances such as these, the projects will be updated once we are nearer to making a release.

Hopefully someone with a Mac can advise on how/why the 0.4.x build is not working right for you.

CE.

Will_TF
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Will_TF » Mon Feb 27, 2006 08:44

Thanks for the reply - still no luck with getting it working. I think I can get it to work, I just to spend some time with it and getting more comfortable with xcode.

I'm wondering if it's a problem with xcode 2.2 - searching the forum i've seen it mentioned that it builds with 2.1

BradDaBug
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby BradDaBug » Sat Mar 25, 2006 01:49

I just found your thread. I'm having the same trouble. Has anyone found a workaround yet?

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”