Use of crazyeddie gui sources

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Derek
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Derek » Wed Mar 17, 2004 02:00

Hello,

I represent a group of people creating a freeware game modification. We are interested in using your GUI library, but the LGPL license poses a few problems to us.

Due to certain circumstances, I am unable to elaborate more in this public forum. So if you could, please contact me at (removed). I'd like to discuss this further with you if possible. Thanks!

-Derek

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Mar 17, 2004 09:13

I'm writing a message now, expect an email within 30 mins...

Derek
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Derek » Thu Mar 18, 2004 23:37

Hey Paul, just wondering if you got the email I sent in response to the one you sent to the mminternet address... not sure if there are email problems on either of our ends.

-Derek

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Mar 19, 2004 08:46

Nope, not received any email :( Sounds like there is a problem somewhere.

AFAIK, I have not missed any expected emails, the sourceforge account redirects to my server here. Please re-send your email, then post here to let me know you sent it, then if I still don't get your mail, I'll provide you with an alternate address to try.

Alternatively you can send me a private message via the forums here.

Edit: I checked the SMTP server log, and there is no sign of an incoming connection with your email addresses, so there must be a problem at a point before your mail reached here - whether that's actually at your end, or some point in-between, I have no way of knowing :(

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Mar 19, 2004 09:20

Got your PM okay, and have replied via email to your mminternet address, hopefully it will arrive okay :D

Derek
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Derek » Sun Mar 21, 2004 23:59

i've sent you a couple private messages...

Also, how long do you think it will be until the MK-2 system is finished (at least for d3d) ? I'm interested in using that system instead of the current one (as i can't get it to work in msvc++6).

-Derek

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Mar 22, 2004 08:32

Yes, I got 3 PMs from you in total. I think I replied the last via PM also, so you should find the replies in your private message box (if you have not read them already).

There's still quite a lot to do on the Mk-2 version, the actual 'release' is still expected to be sometime in June. I guess the earliest I could get any working version out would be about six weeks, but that is a very rough guess. Another thing to note is that the new system will be heavier that the current release, and has some dependency on outside libs (Lua, boost::signals, FreeType, and Xerces-C. All of these are statically linked except xerces, not sure if that's an option, would prefer it if it was).

The major thing that has to be done for VC++ 6 compatibility is to move all the definitions for the class constants out of the headers and into the code files. It is possible to make the system work under VC++ 6 as people have done it. Somebody is currently working on this again, and I may make that version available, or alternatively I could make Mk1 work with VC++6 myself. How many people would be interesed in this effort though, once Mk2 is out? Obviously I am aware that this incompatibility was not a good move on my part, and I would be willing to make it work, but not if it would be a wasted effort.

Derek
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Derek » Mon Mar 22, 2004 08:43

well i've done all the moving of the static constants into the code files myself (which is the editing i was talking about). But the compiler seems to not be referencing class objects correctly, so I'm not sure what I want to do at this point.

The next system sounds cool, but alot of those extras we won't really need. This current system would suffice if i could get passed these few problems :?

-Derek

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Mar 22, 2004 08:47

Zip up the sources and email them to me. I'll take a look at them and see if I can identify the problem and fix it for you. I should be able to let you have it back sometime today, hopefully.

Derek
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Derek » Mon Mar 22, 2004 09:27

If you mean only your sources that i have modified:

http://nike.cecs.csulb.edu/~dabdine/crzedvc6.zip

I basically just used the windowslook code to try and set everything up.
Starting from Utils::setD3DDevice(my3DDevice); (line 147).

i can't release any of our sources, unfortunately (even if i could, it would be a huge source tree).

-Derek

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Mar 22, 2004 09:37

Yes, I meant my sources :D

I've downloaded the zip, and I'll post back later with any news. Got to install VC++ 6 before I can do anything. :lol:

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:33

I have successfully compiled a version of the WinLook demo using VC++ 6, and the modified GUI sources you provided. I made no further changes to the GUI sources.

I cut and pasted code from the windows-look demo main .cpp and .h files as a test driver for the GUI code, the only changes I made to the demo code were basically some hacks so it didn't need the mode requester dll. Since I didn't change anything, I have not uploaded the files anywhere, but if you want the demo I made (with VC++6 project & workspace files) let me know.

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe you don't have RTTI enabled.

Derek
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Derek » Mon Mar 22, 2004 16:42

i enabled RTTI in the complation and i got the same results... weird

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Mar 22, 2004 17:09

You mean the same as me, or the same as before? :?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Mar 22, 2004 17:36

I have uploaded the test project I made here:

And now I've removed it again (26th March 2004)

See if this compiles and runs okay.

It uses a screen size of 800x600 and A8R8G8B8 for the pixel format, on the default adapter. These are hardcoded in, so if you have a strange card you may have to edit WinMain a bit. :o

Failing this, can you confirm whether or not the initialise() method is actually called? I don't mean in the source, but via the debugger. Something is obviously not as it should be, and I'd like to be able to get the system working for you.

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”