Lua Alpha Fade Suggestions

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

sisyphus
Just popping in
Just popping in

Lua Alpha Fade Suggestions

Postby sisyphus » Mon Aug 03, 2009 00:23

First of all, I wanted to say that I have been very impressed with the Lua support for CEGUI. I have managed to create a fairly in-depth series of interface interactions controlled solely through Lua, with a minimal C++ framework loading the Ogre library.

In keeping with this design decision of handling as much as possible from Lua, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to best accomplish fading between different layout files and windows. Basically I was hoping to gradually lowering the alpha of the windows through Lua. I appreciate any suggestions anyone might have with regards to how to best accomplish this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Lua Alpha Fade Suggestions

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 09:14

I imagine basically you need to subscribe a handler to the "WindowUpdate" event and do your fade(s) over time according to the elapsed time you extract from the UpdateEventArgs passed to the handler(s).

CE.

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”