CEGUI 0.62b build for Ogre3D 1.6.3?

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Ralf/pdx
Just popping in
Just popping in

CEGUI 0.62b build for Ogre3D 1.6.3?

Postby Ralf/pdx » Mon Aug 03, 2009 08:36

Hello altogether,

The current version of Ogre3D still uses a very old version of CEGUI, but i want to use the new CEGUI version because it has a lot of bug fixes included.

I tried to build CEGUI 0.62b against Ogre3D 1.6.3 but i failed (a huge amount of link errors).

Has anybody done this already and could provide the builded dll files?

Thanking you in anticipation!

Ralf

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: CEGUI 0.62b build for Ogre3D 1.6.3?

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 09:18

You need to build Ogre against the new CEGUI, not the other way around. The steps have been covered a million times, I think (perhaps a small exaggeration!). In any case, the instructions could be found by searching(!): viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3230&hilit=Ogre+update+sdk

CE.

Ralf/pdx
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Ralf/pdx » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:34

Thanks Crazy Eddie for the link! I haven´t found it...

I have tried it and it works. Only the Tooltips doesn´t work anymore in my game. :(

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:58

I think there's bugs in the Tooltips in 0.6.2b (even crash bugs!) - these were fixed in the stable branch v0-6 code (not entirely sure which issues you're getting though, so it may be unrelated).

CE.

Ralf/pdx
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Ralf/pdx » Tue Aug 04, 2009 13:11

I am using 0.6.2b.

After some testing i have found some more things which doesn´t work with the new version:

- Most (not all!) of TaharezLook/Checkbox doesn´t work anymore.
- My Minimap window has been lost.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 08:34

Could you post some more information - beyond just saying that they don't work - as regards to the things that you're having issues with, because we have no chance at all of knowing what the issues are given the information we have.

Clearly the checkbox does work in the 0.6.x line of code, or there would be a lot more people complaining about it, this means that something you're doing is not correct.

With regards to your minipap window, you will need to offer a lot more information about the type of window that this is and how you're using it.

CE.

Ralf/pdx
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Ralf/pdx » Mon Sep 14, 2009 09:33

Hello Eddie,

Sorry for my late reply. We were very busy on the release of our game which uses CEGUI:
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/374/details/Operation.Barbarossa.-.The.Struggle.for.Russia

There wasn´t any chance to put the new CEGUI version into the release because of the described problems. Maybe we could include it into a patch in the future.

- The Minimap is a standard "TaharezLook/FrameWindow" window which uses "TaharezLook/StaticImage" for the minimap gfx.

- For the checkboxes i use "TaharezLook/Checkbox" and for example they are used like this:

Code: Select all

<Window Type="TaharezLook/Checkbox" Name="GameOptions/Game/Tooltips">
<Property Name="UnifiedPosition" Value="{{0.05,0},{0.26,0}}" />
<Property Name="UnifiedSize" Value="{{1,0},{0.05,0}}" />
<Property Name="Text" Value=" Tooltips" />
</Window>

checkBoxWindow[5] = ( CEGUI::Checkbox* )windowMgr.getWindow(( CEGUI::utf8* )"GameOptions/Game/Tooltips" );
checkBoxWindow[5]->subscribeEvent( CEGUI::Checkbox::EventCheckStateChanged, CEGUI::Event::Subscriber( &CGameGUI::Options_Game_Tooltips, this ));

The strange thing is that i use all checkboxes the same way but some work and others don´t (they work all fine with the older CEGUI version which is included in the Ogre3d package).

Best regards.

Ralf

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 20:46

Hi, thanks for the updated info, and very nice screenshot :)

The issue in 0.6.2b with checkboxes is very odd. Do they work visually? Meaning it's only the event that does not fire or do they not work at all? If they don't work at all, it sounds like some of the checkboxes are being covered by invisible parts of the 'hit test area' of other windows, though having said that, the issue should show in 0.5.x too; very odd.

With regards to the MiniMap - nothing useful in the log?

The thing I have trouble with is that I believe there were no changes to these components from the 0.5.x series to the 0.6.x series (I'll check this tomorrow, to be sure). I'm not saying the issues do not exist for you, as obviously they do, it's just that I can not explain why :?

CE.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 09:24

I checked the code logs for changes between the end of the 0.5.x series and the 0.6.x series. There were no changes at all to any of the static widget functionality. There was a single change to the checkbox to correct a bug that showed if the button-like controls were covered by a window with the mouse pass through property.

CE.

Ralf/pdx
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Ralf/pdx » Fri Sep 18, 2009 09:14

CrazyEddie wrote:Hi, thanks for the updated info, and very nice screenshot :)
With regards to the MiniMap - nothing useful in the log?
CE.

Sorry, nothing useful in the log.

Ralf/pdx
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Ralf/pdx » Fri Sep 18, 2009 09:17

CrazyEddie wrote:I checked the code logs for changes between the end of the 0.5.x series and the 0.6.x series. There were no changes at all to any of the static widget functionality. There was a single change to the checkbox to correct a bug that showed if the button-like controls were covered by a window with the mouse pass through property.

Thanks for checking this.

I will look on the issue again the next days - maybe i can isolate the problem a bit...

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”