FontManager in 0.7.9999

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

WhiteBishop
Just popping in
Just popping in

FontManager in 0.7.9999

Postby WhiteBishop » Mon Sep 14, 2009 16:16

Hi,

I downloaded the code from svn repository (version 0.7.9999) and I did the port for a project with version 0.6.9999.I had two problems with this new version:

1.- When more than one font are created from images, CEGUI only take the first, showing this font on all sites that use.

2.- When I add at least one font created from images (I think they are the pixmap) and pressing the escape key the application freezes. I can see in debug, this occurs when releasing fontmanager font (This happens in the FontDemo example too).

All fonts are created with the fontmanager:: create (). This occurs using the OpenGL Render in Fedora 11, Ubuntu 9.4 and ArchLinux

Any Idea?
Thx,
WB

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: FontManager in 0.7.9999

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 20:57

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issues.

I'm having trouble understanding the exact nature of the issue for point number 1. Do you mean you have more than one pixmap font referencing the same source Imageset? Or more than one font each with it's own Imageset? I'm not sure what you mean when you say it's only using the first one; are you setting the other font to windows and it's being ignored? Perhaps there are errors in the CEGUI.log?

For issue number 2. I fixed this last night in the v0-7 branch.

For your info, we're currently only working on the v0-7 branch - so I will advise you to switch to the v0-7 branch in preference to the main trunk. Obviously all these fixes will get merged back to the trunk, but not until next weekend probably.

CE.

WhiteBishop
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby WhiteBishop » Mon Sep 14, 2009 22:52

Hi CE!

I apologize for my English, is very poor. Equally i will try to explain.

In my application, i've been created several pixmap fonts using fontmanager::create (), for example:

CEGUI::FontManager::getSingleton().create(font1.font);
CEGUI::FontManager::getSingleton().create(font2.font);
CEGUI::FontManager::getSingleton().create(font3.font);
CEGUI::FontManager::getSingleton().create(font4.font);

These fonts are then used in different textboxes. The problem I have in 7.9999 version, is that all TexBoxes are using the first font. In the above example all the texboxes uses the "font1.font".

Now, if I change the order of the sources and order as following

CEGUI::FontManager::getSingleton().create(font2.font);
CEGUI::FontManager::getSingleton().create(font1.font);
CEGUI::FontManager::getSingleton().create(font3.font);
CEGUI::FontManager::getSingleton().create(font4.font);

All texboxes uses the "font2.font"

For issue 2: If I download the code from SVN repository, should be fixed?

Thank you very much,
WB

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 09:06

Ok, Issue 1 is that the text is being drawn with the default font (which is automatically set to the first font loaded, though can be changed if required). In this case I ask, how are you setting the font on the text boxes? Are you doing something like:

Code: Select all

myBox->setFont( "MyFontName" );

or perhaps something else? Are there any errors in the CEGUI.log file?

For issue 2: If I download the code from SVN repository, should be fixed?

You need the code from '/svnroot/crayzedsgui/cegui_mk2/branches/v0-7' this is the same as what is in trunk except it has this, and other, bugs fixed, with more fixes to come.

CE.

WhiteBishop
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby WhiteBishop » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:08

Hi CE,

I am setting the fonts using MyApp.layout file (MyApp.layout located in resources/datafiles/layouts). This method is the one used for the version 0.6.9999 and it worked perfectly.

MyApp.layout example:

Code: Select all

<Window Type="MyStaticText/StaticText" Name="MyApp/MyLabel1">
   <Property Name="Font" Value="font1" />
   <Property Name="Text" Value="Font 1 Test" />
</Window>
<Window Type="MyStaticText/StaticText" Name="MyApp/MyLabel2">
   <Property Name="Font" Value="font2" />
   <Property Name="Text" Value="Font 2 Test" />
</Window>

What would be the right way to do this? In the CEGUI.log there are no errors.

Thank you very much,
WB

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:46

Yes, providing the names of the fonts are right - and since you get no errors or exceptions, it appears they are - this is the correct approach. I will run a couple of tests and then get back to you.

Btw, the versions 0.6.9999 and 0.7.9999 are somewhat meaningless - they're place-holder version numbers for the trunk code. For example, on the day I created the v0-7 code branch, one the trunk version was specified as 0.6.9999, once the branch was made, I bumped the trunk version to 0.7.9999 - the key here is that no other code changes have occurred in that line of code since the v0-7 branch was made. The only thing that changed was the version bump. If you need to compare the current code in any particular svn branch with an earlier version of the same branch, please refer to revision numbers so we can see exactly what code you're referring to. Thanks.

CE.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 13:30

Hi,

I have run a couple of tests and and confirm this issue; I'm still not certain how or when it got broken, but it will be fixed later on today (in the v0-7 branch).

CE.

WhiteBishop
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby WhiteBishop » Tue Sep 15, 2009 14:01

Thank you again...
WB

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”