Activating window, deactivates children?

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Nomonkeybusiness
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Activating window, deactivates children?

Postby Nomonkeybusiness » Tue Oct 27, 2009 14:28

Hi! It's me again! =P
I'm experiencing some problems. I have this command-circle as a CEGUI::StaticImage, and a whole bunch of buttons as children.
The problem is that it seems like if I click the parent (the staticimage) all of its children become inactive, and so I can not use them.
There is no hover-image, and no callbacks gets called. What am I doing wrong? Can I get around this somehow?

Thanx

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Re: Activating window, deactivates children?

Postby Jamarr » Tue Oct 27, 2009 18:59

It sounds like you are confusing the term 'active' with the term 'enabled'. You can only have 1 'active' window at a time - this does not include child windows. Being the 'active' window means you have the keyboard focus. Being inactive does not prevent mouse input. Being disabled would prevent keyboard and mouse input.

Also, you did not supply nearly enough information for anyone to assist you. Can you post your CEGUI.log file as well as the layout you are referring too?

If I had to guess, this generally only happens when you have an invisible window overlapping the content in question (your buttons). An invisible window overlapping other windows will prevent mouse input from reaching the underlying windows because those events will be consumed by the invisible window. In this case, you need to move/remove the invisible window or setMousePassThroughEnabled on the invisible window.
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

Nomonkeybusiness
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Nomonkeybusiness » Wed Oct 28, 2009 09:32

Thanks for clearing that up, with active and enabled I mean.
But I can't see why activating my command-circle (by clicking in it, but not on any of its children) makes input impossible to all of the children. There really shouldn't be another window there.

Nomonkeybusiness
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Nomonkeybusiness » Wed Oct 28, 2009 21:34

The weird thing is that the buttons do not change graphics to disabled, although I have specified the graphics.
Is there something else that may cause this?

Nomonkeybusiness
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Nomonkeybusiness » Thu Oct 29, 2009 13:23

Solved. Nevermind me. I am indeed a true idiot.

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Postby Jamarr » Thu Oct 29, 2009 16:53

I'm glad you figured it out. Could you post what the exact problem/solution was, in case someone else runs into the same situation? Thanks.
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

Nomonkeybusiness
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Nomonkeybusiness » Mon Nov 09, 2009 13:49

I was lying to you. Not on purpose of course.
I had indeed an invisible window on top, that I just forgot about. I'm sorry about taking up your time. I am an idiot. :oops:

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”