Problem with latest version of CEGUI and OGRE

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

dakiar
Just popping in
Just popping in

Problem with latest version of CEGUI and OGRE

Postby dakiar » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:11

I get the following error trying to run my code which compiled fine with CEGUI 0.7.1 ( from sdk for visual studuo 2008 ) with ogre version 1.7.0 ( from sdk for visual studio 2008 ) I placed release version of all the latest dll for ogre and CEGUI in the bin directory where the exe file is located.

The reason I am posting here is because I can run if I don't link to CEGUI however when I try to integrate with CEGUI I get the following error:

I and some other people also posted this in the ogre community but as usual they don't want to help, so I am hoping I could get some help here!

Thanks in advance,
Dak

emarcotte
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Re: Problem with latest version of CEGUI and OGRE

Postby emarcotte » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:01

I think when I saw something like this I updated ogre, and rebuild it but not CEGUI.
Also, if you have rebuilt ogre recently, make sure the DLLs you point to for your app are the ones produced by that latest build or at least the build that CEGUI linked against :)

When I update ogre I basically just rebuild CEGUI at the same time *just to be sure* :o

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:24

First of all, not rag on the new forum member, but why is this posted in Advanced help? It's a genuine question, because I wish to understand why people choose to post some of the things they do in here as opposed to Beginners Help - so please answer this query :mrgreen:

You can't use the 0.7.1 CEGUI SDK with Ogre 1.7.0. CEGUI 0.7.1 was released ages before Ogre 1.7.0 - it's not possible for a release of CEGUI to be built against a version of Ogre that did not exist at the time when that release of CEGUI was built!

The solution is to either build CEGUI against the newer Ogre, or you could try one of our updated snapshots: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4704 - which may or may not work at any given time (they're automatically built and prepared and as such get no testing).

HTH

CE.

dakiar
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby dakiar » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:33

Well I read this: Creating Renderer modules to integrate with other engines and APIs.

So I thought it went into the right section! Thank you for your help, I will look at the snapshots first!

BTW any plans to release a newer SDK to work with OGRE? as I assume quite many people are using CEGUI and OGRE and might be as lazy as me and use the SDKs ?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat Mar 27, 2010 13:24

dakiar wrote:Well I read this: Creating Renderer modules to integrate with other engines and APIs.

So I thought it went into the right section!

Ah, ok. I see how that could be misinterpreted. I'll try and think of a way to reword that so it's clearer what the intent is (it's supposed to refer to people designing and writing renderer classes for engines or APIs not directly supported ;)).

dakiar wrote:BTW any plans to release a newer SDK to work with OGRE? as I assume quite many people are using CEGUI and OGRE and might be as lazy as me and use the SDKs ?

The next supported release will be 0.7.2, though I have no ETA for that. There's still a couple of new features (at least) that really ought to go in for the 0.7.2 release, and I'm nowhere near getting them done :) It would be May at the earliest, though that's probably being somewhat optimistic. This is one reason I started issuing the snapshots; a way of filling a void while the next release gets delayed again. Hopefully it'll work for you ;)

CE.

dakiar
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby dakiar » Sat Mar 27, 2010 13:55

Thanks the snapshot works super! Looking forward to using CEGUI for my game.

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”