Custom ListBoxItem in CEGUI 0.6.2

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

markblue777
Just popping in
Just popping in

Custom ListBoxItem in CEGUI 0.6.2

Postby markblue777 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:38

Hi all,
I am trying to make a custom list box item. However, i am running into a little bit of trouble.

I followed the tutorial http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Create_a_CheckListboxItem to make the check list box item. But the check box does not appear (is this tutorial intended for an older version).

Also when i am setting the text for the check list box item i call setText how does that function know what label to set that text on, as i want to add 3 labels and 1 static image.

As stated in the title i am using - CEGUI-SDK-0.6.2-vc9.

Any help very apprechiated.
Regards
Mark

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Re: Custom ListBoxItem in CEGUI 0.6.2

Postby Jamarr » Mon Apr 05, 2010 14:55

Hello, please take a moment to review the Forum Guidelines; in particular, search before posting; and when you do post, include as much information as possible.

In this case, it would be helpful if you could post the xml (in code tags) for the looknfeel and layout you are trying to use, as well as any relevant code. Also, if you could also provide futher details about the issue, such as: how are you adding the items to the listbox? does the list itself appear? The fewer assumptions we have to make the easier it will be for someone to help you.

In regards to setting the text labels, generally you need to call setText() on the appropriate child-window. If you had searched for CheckListboxItem, you would have found this thread, which covers this question.

As far as the tutorial is concerned, I am not sure what version of CEGUI it was originally written for, but I was able to use this code in v0.6.2 some time ago; so I do not think you should have too much trouble.
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”