How to attach a texture loaded in memory to a Frame Window?

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

strangedays
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

How to attach a texture loaded in memory to a Frame Window?

Postby strangedays » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:47

Hei, I have the following problem:

I have two rendering contexts in OpenGL, one is active the second one is not. I am trying to do some kind of render to texture: render in a separate context a scene, extract its raster image and "glue" it realtime ( for each frame ) to a CEGUI window.

Right now I have a handle to a bitmap buffer and I want to attach it to a Frame Window.

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Re: How to attach a texture loaded in memory to a Frame Window?

Postby Jamarr » Thu Jul 08, 2010 15:51

This has been discussed multiple times, for many different rendering APIs. You should be able to search the forums to find an answer to your questions (whatever they are?). In fact, using RTT in CEGUI was just briefly discussed in the thread right below yours: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4968#p23497 :hammer:
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”