Drawing outside the window's defined rectangle?

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

agamemnus
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Drawing outside the window's defined rectangle?

Postby agamemnus » Wed Jul 14, 2010 15:56

I have noticed something weird in CEGUI's system:
I cannot draw anything outside a window's defined rectangle. Anything outside simply gets blanked out. In other words, the logical window size is always the same as the physical texture size.

Is there a way to draw outside the defined rectangle (and make the physical texture size bigger than logical size) that I'm not aware of?

This is causing many positioning problems with other elements.
For instance, I modified the TaharezLook framewindow to have a small frame around it --1px except for the left side which is 2px. However, when I made a custom scrollbar, and made its size equal to "scale=1", the scrollbar got cut off at the edge. This is because it started at x=2 (right after the left border) and ended at x=417 (scale=1). The logical length of the window is 415, but so is the physical length... the physical length should be 418.

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Re: Drawing outside the window's defined rectangle?

Postby Jamarr » Mon Jul 19, 2010 23:40

Did you try searching the forums? There is already a thread on this.
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

agamemnus
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Re: Drawing outside the window's defined rectangle?

Postby agamemnus » Tue Jul 20, 2010 04:55

Thanks...

Jamarr wrote:Did you try searching the forums? There is already a thread on this.

You know I did. I didn't think to search for "clipping", nor in general discussion, which is a "Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion."

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”