Sliders in DirectX9: ScissorRect left must be >= 0

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

jasonthe
Just popping in
Just popping in

Sliders in DirectX9: ScissorRect left must be >= 0

Postby jasonthe » Fri Oct 08, 2010 02:49

In release mode (using the release libs), clicking a slider (not the "button" that you move across the slider, but the "line" of the slider) outputs this DirectX error:

Code: Select all

D3D9 Helper: IDirect3DDevice9::SetScissorRect failed: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
Direct3D9: (ERROR) :ScissorRect left must be >= 0.

This crashes my game if I have "Break on D3D9 Error" enabled in DirectX, otherwise it makes the "button" of the slider disappear. On some machines, even clicking the button creates the error.

However, there are no issues in Debug mode. I've looked all over my code and I can't find anything that would cause such an issue (uninitialized variables, bounds checking, etc.) so it's possible it's a bug in the CEGUI renderer. Bounds checking in Direct3D9GeometryBuffer::setClippingRegion would probably fix the issue if that's the case (I'd compile it myself but I'd rather not have to set it all up in VS2008 myself).

Here's the "essential" section of the CEGUI.log:

Code: Select all

07/10/2010 19:33:53 (Std)    ---- Version 0.7.2 (Build: Aug 28 2010 Microsoft Windows MSVC++ 9.0 32 bit) ----
07/10/2010 19:33:53 (Std)    ---- Renderer module is: CEGUI::Direct3D9Renderer - Official Direct3D 9 based 2nd generation renderer module. ----
07/10/2010 19:33:53 (Std)    ---- XML Parser module is: CEGUI::ExpatParser - Official expat based parser module for CEGUI ----
07/10/2010 19:33:53 (Std)    ---- Image Codec module is: SILLYImageCodec - Official SILLY based image codec ----
07/10/2010 19:33:53 (Std)    ---- Scripting module is: None ----

The rest is here.
The layout causing the problem is here and was made by the layout editor.

Does anyone know what would cause such an issue?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Sliders in DirectX9: ScissorRect left must be >= 0

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Oct 08, 2010 09:53

Thanks for raising this (potential) issue.

I did not look into it yet, but from the information provided, it does sound like a bit of a bug, and I agree that bounds checking in the renderer module is probably the way to go. I'll investigate and get it fixed.

CE.

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”