FrameWindow fired setScissorTest error

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

singbol
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

FrameWindow fired setScissorTest error

Postby singbol » Wed Jan 05, 2011 08:23

I've finished my own trivial engine framework, by using CEGUI, I finished the GUI system, but there's a problem left, when I rendering a FrameWindow, problems occurs, it will come to SetScissorTest, which call Direct3D9 render system's D3DRS_SCISSORTESTENABLE,
<I get an error when set this render state, since clip rect have negative values, and I mark this scissor test code, it will render a FrameWindow without Titlebar displayed correctly, then I'm here, dears~~, waiting for your help!>
Thanks in advance!!!!! :( :( :(

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: FrameWindow fired setScissorTest error

Postby Kulik » Wed Jan 05, 2011 09:43

Please, figure out what critical info you haven't posted. It's impossible to provide any sort of help unless you get us all the info we need.

Don't waste our time!

PS: I think exactly this was fixed a while back but yeah I can't tell if that applies to you..

singbol
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby singbol » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:01

Kulik wrote:Please, figure out what critical info you haven't posted. It's impossible to provide any sort of help unless you get us all the info we need.

Don't waste our time!

PS: I think exactly this was fixed a while back but yeah I can't tell if that applies to you..

I'm sorry that I can't give you more detailed information except that I know I'm under an svn version of 2760, and failed when SetScissorRect is called, If nothing can be given to me, just ok! I'm not tend to waste your time~~~~Thanks all the same

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Wed Jan 05, 2011 14:16

singbol wrote:I'm under an svn version of 2760

Yeah I meant this. You haven't indicated what version you use, I have no idea what bugs are still crawling in your version that we smashed in newer versions.

You haven't mentioned if you are on trunk or the v0-7 branch. I will assume you are running v0-7 since with trunk scissor rect would probably be the least painful of your problems :lol: This is the related ticket http://cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=403. The quick fix should be simple (just clamping th rect) but a proper solution would require us to find why this happens in the first place. If you find anything, report back.

I didn't want to insult you or anything but people don't bother to give any useful info on these forums and I am really annoyed by that fact (and CrazyEddie now rarely visits thanks to all the careless users wasting our time because we always have to ask back for info, ...).

http://cegui.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3358

singbol
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby singbol » Thu Jan 06, 2011 03:38

Thank you!!! I didn't mean that you have insulted me, but I have got a headache on this error, I don't know which part makes the failure. because I've write my own renderer and things like that, by using my own trivial engine(maybe many many bugs exists).

"bounds checking in the renderer module", words by CrazyEddie, I will try and give you information later since I'm downloading something without VS opened.

:wink: :wink: Great thanks!

singbol
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby singbol » Thu Jan 06, 2011 05:49

Kulik wrote:
singbol wrote:I'm under an svn version of 2760

Yeah I meant this. You haven't indicated what version you use, I have no idea what bugs are still crawling in your version that we smashed in newer versions.

You haven't mentioned if you are on trunk or the v0-7 branch. I will assume you are running v0-7 since with trunk scissor rect would probably be the least painful of your problems :lol: This is the related ticket http://cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=403. The quick fix should be simple (just clamping th rect) but a proper solution would require us to find why this happens in the first place. If you find anything, report back.

I didn't want to insult you or anything but people don't bother to give any useful info on these forums and I am really annoyed by that fact (and CrazyEddie now rarely visits thanks to all the careless users wasting our time because we always have to ask back for info, ...).

http://cegui.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3358

by checking the clip area, I've solved this problem, great thanks for you, Kulik~~~ :P

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”