'Beta' releases of the VC dependencies packages

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Sep 08, 2004 08:20

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:oops: This was me :D

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Sep 08, 2004 13:59

I don't have a fix yet :( This only appears to be an issue in debug mode, it's an STLport runtime check waiting for some other thread to release a mutex, even though there is only one thread. Odd.

CE.

Nihilus
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Nihilus » Wed Sep 08, 2004 21:22

Thanks for looking into it, CE.

I can work around (I think) with the older dependancies pack for now or just use release mode.

-- Edit: Got XML loading working :)

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Sep 09, 2004 09:30

Thanks for looking into it, CE.

No problem, though I don't have any good news. I rebuild regex is various ways last night thinking it could be a configuration conflict, but each time I got the same result. I also checked through large amounts of the boost support lists, and the STLport forums, and got no help there either.

In the end I hacked my way though that deadlock with the debugger and everything ran normally from that point on, so it definately seems like an issue with boost.regex, STLport 4.6.2, or the combination of the two.

I might try the beta STLport 5, or the CVS boost and see if anything has been fixed. Though time spent doing that means what I am supposed to be doing is not getting done, so this may not be for a while.

I can work around (I think) with the older dependancies pack for now or just use release mode.

Yeah, but debugging in release mode is no fun.

-- Edit: Got XML loading working :)

Why, was there something wrong before :shock:

CE.

Nihilus
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Nihilus » Thu Sep 09, 2004 17:39

(I'd had a comment in my previous post about the old dependancies maybe being why attempt to load a layout from XML was failing, but then I searched the forums and found where you explain how to do it and saw what I was missing)

I can currently run in Debug mode with the latest CVS and the dependancies from july 22nd. What was added to the dependancies for this new depenancy release? That might show where the problem is, right?

I'm going to try and build without the dependancies package and see if I can figure anything out to help.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Sep 09, 2004 18:26

The old dependencies package for VC6 + STLport 4.6.2 was compiled about ten minutes before my machine died the other week, I didn't get to test these properly, but put them out anyway, hoping all would be well.

You then posted that there were linking errors and the fact that the package was so much smaller, I took down the package until I was in a position to test it a bit more...

I ultimately found that I had a config problem when I built boost for that setup; basically it wasn't picking up STLport and was using the native STL of VC6. I resolved this, rebuilt, grabbed a fresh CVS of Ogre and CEGUI, compiled those, and a small test app (no Editbox though ;) ), everything worked okay so I thought I had it licked, though apparently I don't :lol:

I can currently run in Debug mode with the latest CVS and the dependancies from july 22nd. What was added to the dependancies for this new depenancy release? That might show where the problem is, right?

Which 'edition' of the July 22nd packages are you referring to there, the STLport 4.5.3 ones, or the 4.6.2 ones?

The only difference between the 4.5.3 and 4.6.2 packages now should be the version of STLport used. The previous version of the 4.6.2 package was not compiled correctly (the boost components had symbols exported with 'std::' instead of '_STL::', hence the linking errors when they're used).

I'd appreciate the input of anything you may discover :D

[Edit]
Just checked my dates :)

All the current August 29th packages are unchanged from the 'Betas' put out in July - mainly because there were no real issues reported.

The VC6 + STLport 4.6.2 package from August 29th was a new package entirely (which didn't work!).

The VC6 + STLport 4.6.2 package from this week was also compiled from scratch, it just has the lockup issue with regex. Can anybody confirm if the VC7 + STLport 4.6.2 package has this problem as well?
[/Edit]

CE

Nihilus
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Nihilus » Thu Sep 09, 2004 18:57

Hmm the vc6 dependancies I have are from July 22, so probably are sltport 4.5.3. They compile the debug versions on my system, but not the release, probably because of the conflicting version, as I have stlport 4.6.2 installed. Strange that they work at all, though.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat Sep 18, 2004 15:30

The error already tells you ehat you need to do:

Update the /Zm value in the project settings with a higher value. Just keep increasing until you find the appropriate value (if it's not already 200, try that. If it's already 200, try 250 or 300).

HTH

CE.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sun Sep 19, 2004 06:40

The project you made fro VC6 is set to link statically to the c/c++ runtime, link dynamically instead, (Change project settings to use Multithreaded DLL).

CE.

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”