Need help with gamebryo's renderer

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

elena7
Just popping in
Just popping in

Need help with gamebryo's renderer

Postby elena7 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 07:27

Can someone please share the renderer code for gamebryo??
I am in the process of upgrading cegui from 0.6.2 to 0.7.5 but having trouble with the rederer module.
Thanks.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Need help with gamebryo's renderer

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:10

As far as I can recall, I've never seen the Gamebryo renderer source code; I'm not sure if it was ever released. This said, perhaps my memory is failing me, and with some luck someone will be able to point you in the right place :)

CE.

frank28_nfls
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby frank28_nfls » Wed Nov 16, 2011 09:44

@CE
Some guy from Gramebryo released a integration example of Gamebryo2.6 and CEGUI 0.6.2 years ago on their private forum, and haven't done any update since then. According to their agreement, I think it's not public available, so that's why you never heard of it, not because of your memory :P

@elena7

In our project, we use Gamebryo and CEGUI, but without using the integration from Gamebryo forum. Instead, we use directly the Direct3D9Renderer provided by CEGUI, wrapped in a RenderClick of Gamebryo, and with some RenderState management code, CEGUI just renders happily with Gamebryo. Also, that enables us to follow the latest version of CEGUI nearly painlessly. You may try this way, knowing that the integration provided by Gamebryo forum is limited to DX9.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 08:51

Thanks for that info. It's nice to know I've not completely lost my mind :lol:

CE.

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”