modifying shape

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

shimrod
Just popping in
Just popping in

modifying shape

Postby shimrod » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:06

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to modify shape of some type of window.
Typically, I wish to create some circular progress bar, in the aim to show shield and hull state of my ship in a game.

how can I do this?

The point of attention, is that I am coding my game in python, so I am using the binding providing by Pypi (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PyCEGUI/0.7.5).

thank you

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Re: modifying shape

Postby Jamarr » Fri Jul 22, 2011 14:46

Forum Usage Guidelines wrote:viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3358#p15226
  • Before you consider posting, search for similar topics that may already contain a solution.

Please make sure you have read and understand the Forum Usage Guidelines linked above. In particular, please make sure that you exhaust all resources (search the forum, wiki, api docs, google, etc.) before posting your question as it may already be answered; you will save both your self and the community from wasting time. And this particular question has already been answered: search.php?keywords=circle
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

shimrod
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby shimrod » Fri Jul 22, 2011 15:07

Before you consider posting, search for similar topics that may already contain a solution.

as for all forums. I agree.
For my mind I already searched in this forum, and on google, but my topic appears only once, and the answer is not corresponding to what I wish.
the search you provide to me, is to create some circle shape, and it is not the topic.

I wish to have something like that :

Not a circle I filled. It is a bit more complex at my mind, it is why I wish to know if it is possible, and the way I can do it.

Thank you

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Postby Jamarr » Fri Jul 22, 2011 15:28

This is why you need to provide all information up front, so as not to waste anyone's time. You should have linked that image to begin with; the only thing you said was I wish to create some circular progress bar.

Anyway, I do not think you can do this out of the box with CEGUI and/or the CEGUI Animation system. So for this clock-like progression I would probably just disable AutoRenderingSurface on the window, use Render To Texture to manually update the image, and then for each step of progress you want to show update the texture vertices in a Triangle Fan style.
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”