do i need to compile dependencie in Multithreaded Debug DLL?

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

umen
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

do i need to compile dependencie in Multithreaded Debug DLL?

Postby umen » Tue Sep 20, 2011 07:14

Hi
i already asked the question similar before bot now i successfully compile CEGUI in Multithreaded Debug DLL mode.
when i try to link it with my application it gives me errors, do i need to compile the dependencies also in Multithreaded Debug DLL ??
like this :

Code: Select all

>foo.obj : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/INCREMENTAL:NO' specification
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP90D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::~_Container_base_secure(void)" (??1_Container_base_secure@std@@QAE@XZ) already defined in SILLY_d.lib(SILLYImageLoaderManager.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP90D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(void)" (??1?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@XZ) already defined in SILLY_d.lib(SILLYImageLoaderManager.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP90D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(char const *)" (??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@PBD@Z) already defined in SILLY_d.lib(SILLYImageLoaderManager.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP90D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z) already defined in SILLY_d.lib(SILLYImageLoaderManager.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP90D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: char const * __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::c_str(void)const " (?c_str@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QBEPBDXZ) already defined in SILLY_d.lib(SILLYImageLoaderManager.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP90D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::_Container_base_secure(void)" (??0_Container_base_secure@std@@QAE@XZ) already defined in SILLY_d.lib(SILLYImageLoaderManager.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP90D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: void __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::_Orphan_all(void)const " (?_Orphan_all@_Container_base_secure@std@@QBEXXZ) already defined in SILLY_d.lib(SILLYImageLoaderManager.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP90D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::_String_val<char,class std::allocator<char> >::~_String_val<char,class std::allocator<char> >(void)" (??1?$_String_val@DV?$allocator@D@std@@@std@@QAE@XZ) already defined in SILLY_d.lib(SILLYImageLoaderManager.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP90D.dll) : error LNK2005: "protected: void __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Tidy(bool,unsigned int)" (?_Tidy@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@IAEX_NI@Z) already defined in SILLY_d.lib(SILLYImageLoaderManager.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP90D.dll) : error LNK2005: "protected: __thiscall std::_String_val<char,class std::allocator<char> >::_String_val<char,class std::allocator<char> >(class std::allocator<char>)" (??0?$_String_val@DV?$allocator@D@std@@@std@@IAE@V?$allocator@D@1@@Z) already defined in SILLY_d.lib(SILLYImageLoaderManager.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP90D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::allocator<char>::allocator<char>(void)" (??0?$allocator@D@std@@QAE@XZ) already defined in SILLY_d.lib(SILLYImageLoaderManager.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP90D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: static unsigned int __cdecl std::char_traits<char>::length(char const *)" (?length@?$char_traits@D@std@@SAIPBD@Z) already defined in SILLY_d.lib(SILLYImageLoaderManager.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP90D.dll) : error LNK2005: "protected: char * __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Myptr(void)" (?_Myptr@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@IAEPADXZ) already defined in SILLY_d.lib(SILLYImageLoaderManager.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP90D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: unsigned int __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::size(void)const " (?size@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QBEIXZ) already defined in SILLY_d.lib(SILLYImageLoaderManager.obj)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(dbgheap.obj) : error LNK2005: __CrtSetCheckCount already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(dbghook.obj) : error LNK2005: __crt_debugger_hook already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(setlocal.obj) : error LNK2005: __configthreadlocale already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(setlocal.obj) : error LNK2005: _setlocale already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(tidtable.obj) : error LNK2005: __encode_pointer already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(tidtable.obj) : error LNK2005: __decode_pointer already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(sprintf.obj) : error LNK2005: _sprintf already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: _exit already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __exit already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __cexit already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __amsg_exit already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll)

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Re: do i need to compile dependencie in Multithreaded Debug

Postby Jamarr » Tue Sep 20, 2011 16:03

Long Answer: all of the libraries your project links to should themselves be linking to the same MSVC Runtime that your project links too. The pre-compiled DLL libraries link to the DLL-runtime and the pre-compiled Static libraries link to the Static-runtime. If you are using a configuration different from those two, such as building Static libraries linking to the DLL-runtime, then you will need to rebuild CEGUI and all dependencies using that same configuration.

Short Answer: yes.
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

umen
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby umen » Tue Sep 20, 2011 18:16

Ok thanks for the replay , how can i compile CEGUI with minimum dependencies ?

umen
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby umen » Thu Sep 22, 2011 05:38

what im missing here ?
i compile all the lib's that the CEGUI depend on them and also the CEGUI them self . with no problem
but now when i try to run simple GUI application im getting link error . like this :

CEGUIDevILImageCodec_Static_d.lib(CEGUIDevILImageCodec.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _iluInit@0 referenced in function "public: __thiscall CEGUI::DevILImageCodec::DevILImageCodec(void)" (??0DevILImageCodec@CEGUI@@QAE@XZ)
CEGUIDevILImageCodec_Static_d.lib(CEGUIDevILImageCodec.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ilInit@0 referenced in function "public: __thiscall CEGUI::DevILImageCodec::DevILImageCodec(void)" (??0DevILImageCodec@CEGUI@@QAE@XZ)
CEGUIDevILImageCodec_Static_d.lib(CEGUIDevILImageCodec.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ilPopAttrib@0 referenced in function "public: virtual class CEGUI::Texture * __thiscall CEGUI::DevILImageCodec::load(class CEGUI::RawDataContainer const &,class CEGUI::Texture *)" (?load@DevILImageCodec@CEGUI@@UAEPAVTexture@2@ABVRawDataContainer@2@PAV32@@Z)
CEGUIDevILImageCodec_Static_d.lib(CEGUIDevILImageCodec.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ilDeleteImages@8 referenced in function "public: virtual class CEGUI::Texture * __thiscall CEGUI::DevILImageCodec::load(class CEGUI::RawDataContainer const &,class CEGUI::Texture *)" (?load@DevILImageCodec@CEGUI@@UAEPAVTexture@2@ABVRawDataContainer@2@PAV32@@Z)
CEGUIDevILImageCodec_Static_d.lib(CEGUIDevILImageCodec.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ilCopyPixels@36 referenced in function "public: virtual class CEGUI::Texture * __thiscall CEGUI::DevILImageCodec::load(class CEGUI::RawDataContainer const &,class CEGUI::Texture *)" (?load@DevILImageCodec@CEGUI@@UAEPAVTexture@2@ABVRawDataContainer@2@PAV32@@Z)
CEGUIDevILImageCodec_Static_d.lib(CEGUIDevILImageCodec.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _iluGetImageInfo@4 referenced in function "public: virtual class CEGUI::Texture * __thiscall CEGUI::DevILImageCodec::load(class CEGUI::RawDataContainer const &,class CEGUI::Texture *)" (?load@DevILImageCodec@CEGUI@@UAEPAVTexture@2@ABVRawDataContainer@2@PAV32@@Z)
CEGUIDevILImageCodec_Static_d.lib(CEGUIDevILImageCodec.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ilLoadL@12 referenced in function "public: virtual class CEGUI::Texture * __thiscall CEGUI::DevILImageCodec::load(class CEGUI::RawDataContainer const &,class CEGUI::Texture *)" (?load@DevILImageCodec@CEGUI@@UAEPAVTexture@2@ABVRawDataContainer@2@PAV32@@Z)
CEGUIDevILImageCodec_Static_d.lib(CEGUIDevILImageCodec.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ilBindImage@4 referenced in function "public: virtual class CEGUI::Texture * __thiscall CEGUI::DevILImageCodec::load(class CEGUI::RawDataContainer const &,class CEGUI::Texture *)" (?load@DevILImageCodec@CEGUI@@UAEPAVTexture@2@ABVRawDataContainer@2@PAV32@@Z)
CEGUIDevILImageCodec_Static_d.lib(CEGUIDevILImageCodec.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ilGenImages@8 referenced in function "public: virtual class CEGUI::Texture * __thiscall CEGUI::DevILImageCodec::load(class CEGUI::RawDataContainer const &,class CEGUI::Texture *)" (?load@DevILImageCodec@CEGUI@@UAEPAVTexture@2@ABVRawDataContainer@2@PAV32@@Z)
CEGUIDevILImageCodec_Static_d.lib(CEGUIDevILImageCodec.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ilEnable@4 referenced in function "public: virtual class CEGUI::Texture * __thiscall CEGUI::DevILImageCodec::load(class CEGUI::RawDataContainer const &,class CEGUI::Texture *)" (?load@DevILImageCodec@CEGUI@@UAEPAVTexture@2@ABVRawDataContainer@2@PAV32@@Z)
CEGUIDevILImageCodec_Static_d.lib(CEGUIDevILImageCodec.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ilOriginFunc@4 referenced in function "public: virtual class CEGUI::Texture * __thiscall CEGUI::DevILImageCodec::load(class CEGUI::RawDataContainer const &,class CEGUI::Texture *)" (?load@DevILImageCodec@CEGUI@@UAEPAVTexture@2@ABVRawDataContainer@2@PAV32@@Z)
CEGUIDevILImageCodec_Static_d.lib(CEGUIDevILImageCodec.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ilPushAttrib@4 referenced in function "public: virtual class CEGUI::Texture * __thiscall CEGUI::DevILImageCodec::load(class CEGUI::RawDataContainer const &,class CEGUI::Texture *)" (?load@DevILImageCodec@CEGUI@@UAEPAVTexture@2@ABVRawDataContainer@2@PAV32@@Z)
.\Debug/glsample.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 12 unresolved externals

the libs are in the my path and i compile it statically
i have does libs in my projects linker configuration
all are static libs in Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)

winmm.lib
opengl32.lib
glu32.lib
CEGUIBase_Static_d.lib
CEGUIDevILImageCodec_Static_d.lib
CEGUIExpatParser_Static_d.lib
CEGUIFalagardWRBase_Static_d.lib
CEGUIFreeImageImageCodec_Static_d.lib
CEGUIOpenGLRenderer_Static_d.lib
CEGUISILLYImageCodec_Static_d.lib
CEGUISTBImageCodec_Static_d.lib
CEGUITGAImageCodec_Static_d.lib
FreeImaged.lib
SILLY__static_d.lib < --- compiled it statically according to this link
http://www.cegui.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3996
freetype2312MT_D.lib
jpegd.lib
libexpatwMT.lib
libpngd.lib
pcrecppd.lib
pcred.lib
zlibd.lib
libtiff394-static-mtdll-debug.lib

also here is my project preprocessor flags

WIN32
_DEBUG
_WINDOWS
CEGUI_STATIC
TOLUA_STATIC
SILLY_STATIC

what is wrong here ? please advice

umen
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby umen » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:57

solved the problem , not as i like it but hell .. its also something
the problem was i was missing the DevIL dll's .
i have lock and the dll's are compiled as mtdll .... and its problem to compile them as static lib.

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”