Non working demos

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Phantom
Just popping in
Just popping in

Non working demos

Postby Phantom » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:19

I am quite new to CEGUI, and I am trying to get it working with Ogre(1.0.0).
I have many problems, but I can easily fix those as soon as I get this one sorted out.

Basically, I downloaded cegui_mk2 0.2 (the newest), all the corect dependencies etc. and compiled without problems.
I then proceeded to download some of the ogre demos (source).
However, this is where the problems began. All of the demos are looking for a non-existant directory in cegui_mk2\include\renderers called OgreGUIRenderer. This is quite confusing since all other renderers are there (Irrlicht, opnegl, direct3d). Shouldn't the ogre one also be there? And if not, why is the demo looking for it in there?

I must be missing something important and obvious but I have been trying to get atleast one cegui project working in 2 days and haven't succeeded. The ogre example Demo_Gui compiles correctly and works, but as soon as I try to compile it outside of the ogre solution(open the project file), or try to use it's code and settings in my project, it doesn't compile anymore.
And besides, the point is that the demos aren't working.

daesdemon
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Re: Non working demos

Postby daesdemon » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:30

OgreGuiRenderer is on the Ogre Project now, so to compile correctly outside of Ogre:
In WIN32

You have to include:
ogrenew\Samples\Common\CEGUIRenderer\lib\OgreGUIRenderer.lib (_d for debug)
in your project libs

You have to add:
ogrenew\Samples\Common\CEGUIRenderer\include
to your include path

And you have to copy
ogrenew\Samples\Common\CEGUIRenderer\bin\Release(or Debug)\OgreGUIRenderer.dll (_d for debug)
in your working directory

I think that 's all ;)

Phantom
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Phantom » Sun Apr 10, 2005 21:04

ok, I finally got it working, thank you. And as I said I was now able to fix the problems in my own applications, thanks to getting one example to work.

For those who might find this thread in a search and wonder what was wrong:

Apparently all the demos are configured to work with older versions of ogre(and cegui?)
So basically you will have to update all code that is in the demos(like exampleapplication.h) to ogre1.0, check that you are including the newest version of cegui_mk2 and it's libs. Additionally you will have to copy the newest dlls from your Ogre directory to the samples bin dir(duh).
Also I found that it doesn't work with the xerxes(sp?) dlls that come with the ogre distribution. You will have to use the one that comes with ceguis dependencies.

ericwsf
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby ericwsf » Wed Apr 13, 2005 07:44

I am pretty baffled myself. Leaving aside the path to the ogre renderer issue; there is a major change in the ogre library that makes these demo source packages uncompilable. There is no longer any such thing as GuiElements there are OverlayElements. OverlayManager doesn't have a createCursorOverlay() method anymore. Should I just ignore the demo source?

I just wanted to try and follow the CEGUI code in the debugger to try and get my head wrapped around this sytem.

Maybe i should just be asking what the easiest way to compile the OGRE gui sample such that I can step into the CESUI source code?

I have lots of other questions but I think I'll make separate posts

Eric

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”