vc7.1 installation problems =(

For help with anything that CEGUI doesn't offer straight out-of-the-box, e.g.:
- Implementation of new features, such as new Core classes, widgets, WindowRenderers, etc. ...
- Modification of any existing features for specific purposes
- Integration of CEGUI in new engines or frameworks and writing of new plugins (Renderer, Parser, ...) or modules

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

kungfoomasta
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

vc7.1 installation problems =(

Postby kungfoomasta » Mon Jul 11, 2005 06:20

I just grabbed the Ogre 1.0.3 source code and am trying to integrate the new CEGUI 0.3.0. and am having problems.

Here are the steps I took to try and compile CEGUI:
1.Unzip cegui_mk2-0.3.0-win32.zip to my C:\
2.Opened C:\cegui_mk2\makefiles\win32\VC++7.1\CEGUI.sln in .NET 2003 VC7.1
3.Added C:\cegui_mk2\include and C:\cegui_mk2\lib folders into VC++ Directories under include files and lib files.

Upon building I get the following errors:
c:\cegui_mk2\Samples\common\src\CEGuiOpenGLBaseApplication.cpp(37): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'GL/glut.h': No such file or directory
c:\cegui_mk2\include\CEGUIXercesParser.h(30): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'xercesc/framework/MemBufInputSource.hpp': No such file or directory
Sample_FirstWindow fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '\cegui_mk2\lib\CEGUITaharezLook_d.lib'
DirectX9GUIRenderer fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'CEGUIBase_d.lib'

I also remembered that the freetype219_D.lib didn't exist, and I replaced it with freetype219MT_D.lib to get the previous version of CEGUI to work. Any help is appreciated..I always seem to have problems compiling CEGUI successfully (I'm a noob :( ).

Thanks!

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: vc7.1 installation problems =(

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Jul 11, 2005 08:24

I notice that in the steps you took, you make no mention of downloading (or compiling) the required dependency packages.

Aside, from not having the dependencies, what you need to do is set a few options in include/CEGUIConfig.h

If you don't have glut installed, then comment the line

Code: Select all

#define CEGUI_SAMPLES_USE_OPENGL

If you're using tinyXML and not xerces, comment the line

Code: Select all

#define CEGUI_WITH_XERCES

The dependencies package from this site definately does include the file "freetype219_D.lib", and I know this as it's the package that I use on Win32.

kungfoomasta
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Re: vc7.1 installation problems =(

Postby kungfoomasta » Mon Jul 11, 2005 19:09

Thanks Eddie! I just downloaded the "deps-0.2.0-common.zip" and "deps-0.2.0-vc7.1.zip" packages, unzipped them, included the dependency include and lib folder, commented out the one #define CEGUI_SAMPLES_USE_OPENGL line and it all compiled with no problems. :D

Return to “Modifications / Integrations / Customisations”