How to draw line and box?

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

PeakGao
Just popping in
Just popping in

How to draw line and box?

Postby PeakGao » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:45

Hi,
I trying to write a simple HTML control, i need to draw table lines, CEGUI's Renderer can draw lines, but depend to texture. if don't depend to texture, how to solve?

Van
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Re: How to draw line and box?

Postby Van » Tue Aug 01, 2006 16:06

PeakGao wrote:Hi,
I trying to write a simple HTML control, i need to draw table lines, CEGUI's Renderer can draw lines, but depend to texture. if don't depend to texture, how to solve?

Perhaps it may be better to create a special looknfeel/imageset for your "HTML" widget sets?

Rackle
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Postby Rackle » Tue Aug 01, 2006 16:15

I've been thinking about such a widget. My initial thinking would be to use ScrollablePane and add various StaticText, StaticImage, and MulticolumnList children. In your case the MulticolumnList would draw its own lines. Hope that gives you some ideas.

PeakGao
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby PeakGao » Wed Aug 02, 2006 02:54

Rackle wrote:I've been thinking about such a widget. My initial thinking would be to use ScrollablePane and add various StaticText, StaticImage, and MulticolumnList children. In your case the MulticolumnList would draw its own lines. Hope that gives you some ideas.

hehe.., I think that the idea is too simple and the MulticolumnList can not use instead of the HTML table. the HTML table is very flexible, but the MulticolumnList is not.

ps: In games, the simple HTML window is very useful. the more windows can be designed by the simple HTML window.
Last edited by PeakGao on Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

Turtle
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Turtle » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:01

Hi PeakGao,

You could always "render" your entire HTML to your own texture and then pass this over to CEGUI to display. Not sure if this is a good idea or not mind you ;) Hmm.. you might even be able to use a library such as antigrain (http://www.antigrain.com/) to do the rendering to a block of memory, but it could be a lot of work (?).

Cheers.

Turtle
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Turtle » Fri Aug 04, 2006 08:16

Actually, that would most likely be slower...

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”