Link Dynamically Loaded Libraries to libCEGUIBase on Linux

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

GameEnder
Just popping in
Just popping in

Link Dynamically Loaded Libraries to libCEGUIBase on Linux

Postby GameEnder » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:51

I am a developer working on Python-Ogre for Linux. We have a wrapper for CEGUI in our package as well. Due to the way things are linked and loaded CEGUI is coming in as a dynamically loaded library itself (attached to the CEGUI python module) so some of its symbols are not made visible to the libraries CEGUI dynamically loads. Specifically CEGUI::String::npos (there could be more but it only mentions the first) its a static const variable declared in the header and defined in CEGUIBase.

I have fixed this by explicitly linking libCEGUI*Parser and libCEGUIFalagardWRBase to CEGUIBase. This does not a cause any problem from the user standpoint because you must have CEGUIBase on your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to even use CEGUI in the first place, so the needed to have it available hasn't caused me any problems.

My only problem is that autotools/automake are so obtuse to me that I couldn't figure out how to add CEGUIBase to either libraries build files and ended up making scons scripts to do the job. Can this be done in future release and/or can somebody tell me how to do this with autotools so I can at least have a patch for our users to use?

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”