"Lite" Version

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

SidRaven
Just popping in
Just popping in

"Lite" Version

Postby SidRaven » Wed Apr 25, 2007 04:54

Hey guys, i love CEGUI and i love using it, and would like to use it for another project of mine. But the problem is, i only want basic functionality. Such as the nice text in CEGUI using the font files and the basic drawing functionality for images on screen etc.

I think it would be good if it were possible to have something like this, i know it's probably too much to ask really, but it would be a nice availability.

Pompei2
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby Pompei2 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 13:03

I think it's a good point and goes together with building everything in a static library. But it's a hard point :) I can't help.

lindquist
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Postby lindquist » Mon May 07, 2007 12:03

I think a "lite" version is a good idea in some regards.
It's a pretty big job cleaning it out though and maintenance to keep up with future versions will be difficult.

What might be more doable was to make CEGUI more modular so users can use only the stuff they actually need.

Don't hold your breath though, how the CEGUI project is run is going to change significantly over the coming month or so.

Evenstar
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Evenstar » Wed May 16, 2007 17:32

lindquist wrote:Don't hold your breath though, how the CEGUI project is run is going to change significantly over the coming month or so.

Can you elaborate on this? I'm just wondering if we, the community, should be concerned by this statement? What sort of changes are in place?

Thanks

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”