[BUG] ScrollBarThumb and TabPane locale problem

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

SuperMegaMau
Just popping in
Just popping in

[BUG] ScrollBarThumb and TabPane locale problem

Postby SuperMegaMau » Thu Aug 07, 2008 14:54

Hi,

I got this problem with the horizontal scrollbar thumb and the tabpane control, not showing correctly. I found out that the problem is related to the SO specified locale, my case Portugal. I needed to setlocale(LC_NUMERIC,"C") in order to get this two components to works properly.

Everything else is right except for this two components.

There's an other thread reporting strange behaviour with the scrollbar thums, that I believe it's a different problem.

BTW, CEGUI 0.6.x on windows vista

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Aug 07, 2008 19:04

Hi,

Thanks for the report.

Is this in relation to property string and / or layout file data interpretation? Or something else?

If you could give a couple more details about what you're doing (which schemes / themes you're using, whether you're creating content in code or loading layouts, and so on), it will aid us greatly when trying to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

CE.

SuperMegaMau
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby SuperMegaMau » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:03

hi again,

I believe this is a problem related to the interpretation of the .looknfeel file. I found this using a new skin I made, but with minor changes in this file, so I think I didn't mess with xml. At the moment I cannot test the issue using the original skin because I'm using a modified version of CEGUI that no longer supports the taharez skin.

My current locale is PT (Portugal) witch means that the numbers, and the input of an atof() function are using commas instead of dots. I set My application locale to C to get rid of the problem, but probably not a good solution for some people.

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”