[BUG] ItemListbox : Improper Vertical Spacing

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

malachy1681
Just popping in
Just popping in

[BUG] ItemListbox : Improper Vertical Spacing

Postby malachy1681 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 22:36

I'm using the CEGUI build from SVN, and I've noticed that when using '<FontDim type="LineSpacing" />' for the height value of the 'ContentSize' of an 'ItemEntry', the vertical spacing between items in the 'ItemListbox' is not always the same. This causes gaps at irregular intervals, so that when you have multiple items selected, the background of the listbox is visible between some item entries. Using an absolute dimension value makes this go away, but obviously makes the widget less dynamic.

Edit: This behavior seems to be dependent on what font is being used, and what the size is. The Blue Highway font at size 12, for example, exhibits the buggy behavior.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Wed Aug 13, 2008 07:25

My guess is that this happens when translating to screen pixels (rounding). Or do you suspect something else?
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

malachy1681
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby malachy1681 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 08:28

Ah, so the linespacing is a float value then? Perhaps there should be some code to compensate for any possible rounding, but is seems that if the linespacing is fixed, then all the translated coordinates should round the same. If the linespacing is variable, then perhaps the maximum space between lines should be calculated and used. I'll have to look more into it.

Edit: I've also noticed that when the horizontal and vertical scrollbars are visible, and you scroll all the way down, the last line is obstructed by the horizontal scrollbar.

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”