[bug] layout editor doesn't save GroupBox children

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

wally
Just popping in
Just popping in

[bug] layout editor doesn't save GroupBox children

Postby wally » Sun Sep 21, 2008 23:55

It seems the layout editor doesn't save any children of a GroupBox. This is a bit of a problem, as I now have to edit any affected layouts by hand at all times.
I could work around it by keeping the contents logically outside the GroupBox (i.e. not children), but really they should be children IMO.

I saw mention of it in this forum post.
(A little way down, Jul 15)

But couldn't find any entry in the mantis tracker.
CEGUI 0.6.1

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Mon Sep 22, 2008 07:30

Aha, so the bug seems that you can add children to a groupbox from the editor. That should be fixed, since a groupbox doesn't have children of its own (as mentioned in that other thread too).

I don't think we should change the behaviour from how MFC and other widget tools work...
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

wally
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby wally » Tue Oct 07, 2008 06:25

Fair enough, if that's how a GroupBox behaves in other widget toolkits then I'll find another way.
Still seems odd to me that the items contained by a groupbox cannot be its children, but I guess I've got the wrong impression of a groupbox.
Thanks for the reply.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Tue Oct 07, 2008 07:06

Hi,

when you create a dialog box in MFC for example, and add a groupbox, you will notice that it's on the same level as each other control. Also, in wxWidgets, when you create a control from code, it has neither a parent/child relation with the controls which appear to be inside it. Don't worry about it, i didn't think of it that way myself either when i started to look into it :)
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”