Ogre Renderer Texture Filtering Issue

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

gtmacdonald@gmail.com
Just popping in
Just popping in

Ogre Renderer Texture Filtering Issue

Postby gtmacdonald@gmail.com » Sat Sep 27, 2008 21:48

Hi Everyone,

It looks like bilinear filtering is turned on for non-autoscaled imagesets in the ogre renderer. I'd like to switch to nearest neighbor filtering mode so I can position my images in an atlas and have them pixel perfect.

I'm not sure how the Taharez skin is supposed to look, but it also looks like the bottom and right edge of the window frames aren't showing up in the ogre cegui demos. Since this edge is only a pixel wide, I'm also curious if the half-pixel correction maybe isn't being applied.

I'm fairly certain this is probably not a cegui issue, but I just wanted to verify because the ogre folks and sent me here.

My ogre post is here:

http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 222#307222

Here's my first post there:

Hi Everyone,

I think I may have found an issue with the cegui renderer. I suspect that the widgets are being rendered with bilinear texture filtering instead of nearest or none. This is keeping my widgets from rendering pixel perfect.

The reason I think this, is because I wrote a python-fu scripts to yank the images out of an imageset and compile them into a more compact texture atlas. After I did this, I noticed that the edges of things had some other color bleeding into it.

To confirm this was what was going on, I edited the pixels surrounding the 1x1 "Generic Brush" image in TaharezLook.tga; making them black. The generic brush image is what's used for the frame window backgrounds for the Taharez skin. After doing this, I ran the cegui demos and sure enough the corners were black.

Is there an easy fix for this? Or is this expected? I tried cycling through all the materials in the material manager, hoping to catch the one being used for cegui, but didn't have any luck. I also made sure the autoscale was off in the imageset.

-Greg

If I have to, I can ensure there's a border surrounding the images in my atlas, but I'd much rather flip a switch if I can.

Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated. Thx. :)

-Greg

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sun Sep 28, 2008 14:08

Hi,

Any API/Engine specific rendering issues should be fixed in the renderer module code. Currently none of the CEGUI devs have any access to this code, so it will have to be an Ogre dev that fixes it (although they would be within their rights to only do so in response to a supplied patch).

CE.

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”