[Bug + Fix] MSVC 10 Compilation Error

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Cypherjb
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

[Bug + Fix] MSVC 10 Compilation Error

Postby Cypherjb » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:30

CEGUI fails to compile under MSVC 10 B2 due to line 702 in CEGUIMultiColumnList.cpp.

Simply using static_cast on the null pointer resolves the issue and should have no effect on runtime behaviour or compilation under other implementations.

Replacement for line 702:
d_grid[i].d_items.insert(d_grid[i].d_items.begin() + position, static_cast<ListboxItem*>(0));

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: [Bug + Fix] MSVC 10 Compilation Error

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Dec 30, 2009 18:53

Hi there,

Thanks for the info and the fix. This was also mentioned a while ago here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4211. I'm linking that in order that both possible solutions can be found together (by us) at a later date if need be ;)

Actually, I'll probably just go ahead and commit this one tomorrow, since it's the more compatible of the two solutions offered, and - as you say - will not impact on other compilers at all.

CE.

Cypherjb
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Cypherjb » Fri Jan 01, 2010 13:00

Yep, the solution posted in the other thread is the one I tried first (because I had a similar problem in my own code when upgrading), but I know that CEGUI needs to retain backwards compatibility so I opted for an approach that should be safe across all compilers.

Thanks for the reply.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 17:42

I only spotted today that the other thread was your also :lol:

Anyway, this fix is in the v0-7 branch as of this afternoon, and will get merged to head in the next merge.

Thanks again,

CE.

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”