A zip-archive based ResourceProvider for CEGUI

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

A zip-archive based ResourceProvider for CEGUI

Postby Jamarr » Fri Mar 19, 2010 19:49

I had made a request in the The Development of CEGUI 0.7.x thread requesting an archive based resource provider. Well I eventually got around to writing it myself using zlib and minizip (which is included in zlibs distribution).

I've added a ticket to mantis to see if I can get this class incorporated into CEGUI. Until then, the code has been attached to the ticket and should work as a drop-in replacement for the DefaultResourceProvider in both v0.6 and v0.7 releases; though you will need to download and build/include minizip yourself.
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: A zip-archive based ResourceProvider for CEGUI

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat Mar 20, 2010 08:21

That's for this. I have not looked at the code yet, but all being well, I can't see any reason we would not add this to the code tree :)

CE.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Mar 26, 2010 14:19

Just to update on this, for anyone not following on mantis: The new resource provider is now in SVN on the branches/v0-7 branch as of rev. 2491. Currently the build of the MinizipResourceProvider is disabled by default, and can be enabled via the usual mechanism depending upon your system of choice.

As part of adding this for v0-7 I have added the required parts of minizip into the CEGUI code tree in order to simplify the dependency situation - these only get compiled in when the MinizipResourceProvider is built. People still on v0-6 who want this should grab the code off of the mantis tacker ;)

And, of course, thanks again to Jamarr for writing this and making it available :)

CE.

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Postby Jamarr » Fri Mar 26, 2010 21:59

No problem, glad to see this made it in. This should at least provide an easy option for people who want to use a zip archive to hold their resources without having to write a custom solution.

Now if only there where a tool to generate c++ from the layouts and binary resources that could then be compiled directly into the application. hrm... :)
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Postby Jamarr » Wed Apr 28, 2010 18:55

Hey CE, I noticed that void setLoadLocal(bool load = true); is declared in the header, but is not actually defined in the source file (CEGUIMinizipResourceProvider.cpp). Apparently I forgot to implement this function when I submitted the code. A simple addition to the source-file should suffice:

Code: Select all

void MinizipResourceProvider::setLoadLocal(bool load)
{
    d_pimpl->d_loadLocal = load;
}

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Apr 29, 2010 09:14

Thanks, I'll fix this in a moment ;)

CE.

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”