Duplicate make targets in Makefile.am (0.5.x branch)

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

technopolitica
Just popping in
Just popping in

Duplicate make targets in Makefile.am (0.5.x branch)

Postby technopolitica » Mon Jul 05, 2010 19:44

I encountered an issue when trying to install the 0.5.x branch of GEGUI (revision 1697) on Ubuntu 10.10. Although the source compiled without error and was correctly configured, running make install fails with the error messages:
/usr/bin/install: will not overwrite just-created `<...>/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIListHeader.h' with `CEGUIListHeader.h'
/usr/bin/install: will not overwrite just-created `<...>/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIListHeaderProperties.h' with `CEGUIListHeaderProperties.h'

I took a look at the Makefile.am under include/elements/and found that CEGUIListHeader.h and CEGUIListHeaderProperties.h are listed twice as make targets. Removing the duplicate entires and recompiling solved the issue.

FYI, I'm using the 0.5.x-branch of CEGUI because that is the only version that the current stable release of Crystal Space (v1.4.0) supports. Others users of Crystal Space are likely to encounter this install issue as a result, so I feel that this bug warrants some attention.

I've attached a diff patch which should fix the issue.

Note: this is a duplicate of the bug reported in this post (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4432#p20683), but applies specifically to the 0.5.x-branch.

Code: Select all

diff -uNr CEGUI-0.5.0.original/include/elements/Makefile.am CEGUI-0.5.0.working/include/elements/Makefile.am
--- CEGUI-0.5.0.original/include/elements/Makefile.am   2006-11-05 03:49:24.000000000 -0800
+++ CEGUI-0.5.0.working/include/elements/Makefile.am    2010-07-05 11:25:25.000000000 -0700
@@ -20,8 +20,6 @@
                      CEGUIItemListBaseProperties.h \
                      CEGUIItemListbox.h \
                      CEGUIItemListboxProperties.h \
-                     CEGUIListHeader.h \
-                     CEGUIListHeaderProperties.h \
                      CEGUIListbox.h \
                      CEGUIListboxItem.h \
                      CEGUIListboxProperties.h \

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Duplicate make targets in Makefile.am (0.5.x branch)

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Jul 06, 2010 18:21

Welcome to the world of yesterday :P You should nag them to update, 0.7.x is streets ahead!

Seriously, I'll apply this patch 'blind' tomorrow - it looks good to me, (it's the same fix I did elsewhere, as you mentioned).

CE.

technopolitica
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby technopolitica » Wed Jul 07, 2010 19:53

Thanks for the quick attention! The updated source looks good.

I think the current development version of Crystal Space (v1.9?) uses the CEGUI 0.6.x branch, so they are slowly catching up with the times.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Jul 08, 2010 09:18

technopolitica wrote:...they are slowly catching up with the times.

Hehe, cool :)

CE

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”