Irrlicht render to texture problems

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

agamemnus
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Irrlicht render to texture problems

Postby agamemnus » Sun Jul 11, 2010 15:38

I have several issues when I render to texture in Irrlicht in DirectX9 mode, and some of them could be traced back to CEGUI. I am not sure if CEGUI is causing these two particular issues, but it seems likely.

First, the text for the cities is rendered with CEGUI windows. They are offset incorrectly. The flag images (Irrlicht) are also offset incorrectly, but it seems CEGUI offsets them even more.

Second, when I open a different window (like the red window in the pic), all of the GUI elements except the city name text disappear. (I tried this test without having the "Merchants" window open, and all the other GUI elements -- the city name text, money counter, and the slider at the bottom-right, appeared, though their position was off in the same was as the text)

http://img443.imageshack.us/i/weirdthang.png/

I don't really know what's going on here.

agamemnus
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Re: Irrlicht render to texture problems

Postby agamemnus » Sun Jul 11, 2010 19:44

I figured out problem 1: the offset problem is there because the render texture is automatically scaled to the next biggest power of two (800x600->1024x1024), and draw2dImage gets confused.

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”