case sensitivity toggle

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

agamemnus
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

case sensitivity toggle

Postby agamemnus » Tue Jul 13, 2010 17:41

It would be nice to have an option to compile CEGUI without XML case sensitivity.

emarcotte
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Re: case sensitivity toggle

Postby emarcotte » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:07

Do you mean for element/attribute names?

Since CEGUI doesn't really implement its own XML parsing it would have to somehow tell each of the parser implementations (there are what... 5 or 6 of them now?) that case does or doesn't matter. I'm willing to bet you won't find support for this in *any* XML parser. Element names are rather formally defined by the W3C and case sensitivity is part of that definition. It's sort of like asking your C/C++/[your favorite language here] to not be case sensitive some of the time. Unless you're using some really obscure language, I'm fairly certain you won't find that either.

That said, I suspect you want this cause you're typing up bunches of XML for widgets/looknfeels/etc. I guess "better" tool support would be the more appropriate fix, that way you wouldn't have to type it all! :lol:

agamemnus
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Postby agamemnus » Wed Jul 14, 2010 13:15

I see. I use Expat. I guess it's just a matter of finding where it compares stuff and adding an LCASE() to it...

I guess "better" tool support would be the more appropriate fix, that way you wouldn't have to type it all!

It's very difficult sometimes... especially at night when your brain is half asleep. :)

BTW, both the language I use (Freebasic) and my own light XML parser are not case sensitive. Most BASICs are not case sensitive. LISP compilers can be made to be case insensitive... HTML is not case sensitive.

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Postby Jamarr » Wed Jul 14, 2010 17:08

Apparently this never made it into mantis. Feel free to add a ticket.
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”