sticky resize...

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

agamemnus
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

sticky resize...

Postby agamemnus » Mon Jul 26, 2010 20:03

I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I messed something up...

I noticed that if I resize "too quickly" on a framewindow, the resizing operation stops... by too quickly, I mean that my mouse goes out of the resize cursor range (the area where the resize cursor appears) If it goes out of that range, the resize event doesn't occur even though I did not release my mouse button.

The expected behavior is that the internal resize function continues checking for a resize, even though the mouse is out of the resize frame area, until I un-hold the mouse button...

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is either... sometimes, when resizing, it stops when I hit another element. Sometimes it stops when a scrollbar appears. (and I am not even hovering over the scrollbar)

Timo
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Re: sticky resize...

Postby Timo » Mon Jul 26, 2010 23:51

Hmm, I didn't quite understand. Could it be that you're talking about this issue? When you're resizing a framewindow the render target gets reallocated and moving the mouse quickly may cause slowdowns/stuttering.

agamemnus
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Postby agamemnus » Tue Jul 27, 2010 05:45

No, it's nothing to do with the frame rate.

OK, imagine taking the Firefox window frame and resizing it to a smaller size. In my program, mousing over any scrollbars or other windows inside (while resizing) will cause the resizing to stop / will cause me to lose my "grip" on the resize handle.

agamemnus
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Postby agamemnus » Wed Jul 28, 2010 21:34

Edit: never mind this post and see below post.

Still haven't figured it out but the problem went away somehow. I THINK using setMouseInputPropagationEnabled seems to fix it... Idk. Hard to track this down.
Last edited by agamemnus on Wed Jul 28, 2010 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

agamemnus
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Postby agamemnus » Wed Jul 28, 2010 23:17

Ok, never mind the above post. I see now what's happening, but not the root cause... When I resize the width of the window, I have a function activated that potentially changes the height one of the window's scrollable panes and that somehow stops the resize operation.

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”