CELayoutEditor colour problem (with fix)

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Grey
Just popping in
Just popping in

CELayoutEditor colour problem (with fix)

Postby Grey » Wed Oct 13, 2010 03:39

The CELayoutEditor sets the background colour of the properties window properties without setting the text colour. This means that it will pull the default text colour from the system properties. If that colour matches the background colour, then the text will display invisible. This is the case with me, as I have white text with a dark coloured background for my system colours.

I believe that the intended behaviour is to display the text as black. The fix would be to add in DialogMain.cpp line 661, this bit of code:

Code: Select all

m_grid->SetCellTextColour(newRowIndex, COLUMN_NAME, *wxBLACK);

Apologies for not submitting a proper patch, but this is an extremely trivial fix, and I hope you'll forgive me this one time.

(Side note: the registration form for this problem does the same thing when asking what time zone you are in)

EDIT: This fix is for vanilla 1.7.1

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: CELayoutEditor colour problem (with fix)

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Oct 13, 2010 09:22

Thanks for this, although this particular version of the editor is no longer being maintained. A replacement is in the works, should be done soon - it's already 99% done, but I've suffered various delays and distractions which prevented me getting the initial version over the finish line ;)

CE.

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”